We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in late December

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
3 days in late December

Does anyone have any suggestions for winter/snow related areas to visit? Would daytrips be better or move to another area. We are coming from Munich and continuing to Venice and then Rome. Have looked into Hallstatt and Zel Am See. Looking for snowy vistas and activities. Had originally thought to go to Switzerland but had heard wonderful things about Munich and Austria that I am hoping to find snowy villages in this area to keep my active group busy.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Hallstatt
Hallstatt
Upper Austria, Austria
Austria
Austria
Europe
2 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in late December

Hello, for snowy experiences I recommend to visit the areas of the Tyrolean glaciers https:/…tirols-glacier

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,015 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in late December

weather is unpredictable so in december , snow may or may not be on the ground.

as you are talking about salzburg area, what dates will you be there?

you could possibly consider wolfgangsee area where after christmas, the markets continue until the new year and interlink via ferry. really magical and if there is snow low down , as there was last december, it will be heaven. if you stay there you should be able to visit gosau, a ski resort, close to hallstatt and which will have man made snow in event of poor snow conditions.

of course, if you are visiting hallstatt, you can take the cablecar up the krippenstein where there would be guaranteed snow at the top

Reply to: 3 days in late December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salzburg