We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)

p s
1 post
Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)
Save

Hello everyone! Reading all of the posts on here so far has been so helpful. Wanted to run by an upcoming trip and see if anyone had any input. In October I'll be headed to Greece for 14 nights and so far I'm thinking Athens (3 nights) > Spetses (3 nights) > Hydra (4 days) > Aegina (3 nights) then back to Athens for the final night. I'm fairly set on staying in the Saronic/Attica to keep travel times down and don't really want to fly again once I arrive, also don't imagine being at the beach all day. The only thing that sticks is the Hydra to Aegina leg, since there doesn't seem to be a direct ferry, but again it doesn't seem to terrible to go back to Piraeus to transfer. Anything stick out here or any recommendations?

3 replies to this topic
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
1. Re: Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)
Save

You may be able to change ferries at Poros. There is ferry that goes from Poros to Aegina but it may not operate daily in October.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region, Dodecanese, Kavala
Level Contributor
11,596 posts
29 reviews
42 helpful votes
2. Re: Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)
Save

To go from Hydra to Aegina you will either have to switch ferries in Poros which is dependable on day/time as there will probably be no daily ferries between Poros and Aegina in October, or you will have to go to Piraeus and catch a ferry to Aegina from there.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
446 reviews
230 helpful votes
3. Re: Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)
Save

Hi, we did the transfer from Poros to Aegina in September 2019 and they didn't run every day . It was one of the Saronic Ferries ships. For some reason these don't always appear on the ferry search engine sites so make sure to look at the Saronic Ferries website.

Reply to: Spetses > Hydra > Aegina (?)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saronic Gulf Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.