We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Regarding The Islands

Delhi
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Help Regarding The Islands

Hello,

Travelling to Greece for 10 days and need a little help regarding our options:

My husband and I get into Athens and spend 2 nights. Then on 10th August we fly from Santorini to London (tickets booked on points, so we don't want to change this option).

Basically for 6 days in between we need an island which isnt; too commercial, is beautiful and we can have a relaxing time.

Now the points to consider:

The idea is to take a ferry from Athens (Blue Star since I get seasick on the faster one) and do a distance of 4-5 hours. Spend 6 days on 1 (even 2 if you suggest) and then take the ferry to Santorini.

I did 2 weeks in Paros last year and found it absolutely charming.However, I want to see another island now.

Found Naxos too commercial.

August is super busy so for now we came across good options in TINOS, SYROS.

My friend in Paros suggested Amorgos (but then the ferry ride is 9 hours). Tinos is suppose to be really small acc to her and Im not sure what to expect there. SYROS she isnt a fan but I found it pretty in the pictures.

Our requirement is a beautiful island, with not too crazily expensive accommodations and a super relaxing time by the beach, swimming etc.

Please suggest some other islands on this route and give me feedback on Tinos.

We are not the nightclubbing types, but enjoy nice dinners , fun restaurants etc.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
London
London
England, UK
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Tinos
Tinos
Cyclades, Greece
Syros
Syros
Cyclades, Greece
2 replies to this topic
atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Regarding The Islands

I recommend Milos...Great beaches, tavernas, towns, shops, etc...I am going back for a third time to, both, Milos and Paros this summer with my family. If you go to Milos I suggest taking the full day boat ride around the island (www.thalassitra.com)..We will be doing it for the third time. You stop in coves and swim/snorkel. Seafood pasta is cooked for lunch and served with beer/wine/soda/water. A great time.

Mentioned in this post
Milos
Milos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Regarding The Islands

Tinos is not at all small. It has quite a large (by Cyclades standards) main town and numerous traditional villages. Syros has a very large, handsome main town (Ermoupoli) with a few small beach resorts. Both places retain their Greek character and are not swamped with hoardes of overseas tourists. I have taken the Blue Star and the Highspeed to Amorgos, and prefer the former despite the much longer journey; however the Highspeed journey was very smooth if you go on a larger vessel and not one of the smaller jets.

Mentioned in this post
Tinos
Tinos
Cyclades, Greece
Syros
Syros
Cyclades, Greece
Amorgos
Amorgos
Cyclades, Greece
Reply to: Help Regarding The Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted