We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan for a day

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Plan for a day

Requestions suggestions for plans for a day

We've been and enjoyed walking tour around funchal, Monte palace garden plus brief tour around there, levada walk on west coast with travel to and from around coast,planning nuns valley trip and walk from funchal to camera dos lobos.

Not wanting to go on boat trip.

Happy to plan another levada walk or chill by the pool but wondered if we've missed something regular travellers would recommend that we could fit into a currently empty day?

5 replies to this topic
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plan for a day

Look at 'Things to do' at the top of this page click on the wording to open and everything which is available is there, including reviews

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plan for a day

Thank you. Used those and found v useful to plan what we've done/doing but more after now more current personal recommendations.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plan for a day

I think that Friday morning is the best time to visit Mercado dos Lavradores.. It's when the local farmers come in to sell their produce. Then a walk along Rua Santa Maria, if you haven't done it already, to see the painted doors.

Then back to chill by the pool.Perfect day for me!

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Plan for a day

If you are down in the old town then the Toy Museum and Electricity Museum are well worth visiting.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plan for a day

while it took me an hour to walk each way from cabo girao i thought this place was a bit special

www.fajadospadres.com

Reply to: Plan for a day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Madeira