We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich connection. Lounge access

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Zurich connection. Lounge access

We are connecting in Zurich from Boston and going on to Venice. Would love a shower and have Priority pass lounge access. There are a number of priority pass lounges there but I am uncertain if I will be near them as they are all for non schengen flights. But does that mean arriving or departing ? I am arriving non schengen but departing schengen to Italy. Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,053 Reviews
from US$163.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
372 Reviews
from US$250.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,059 Reviews
from US$250.90*
11 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

You will arrive on the E dock, then go through immigration, and then end up in the Airside centre, where you have access to A and B piers. There are lounges at the E dock, but I do not know if you can use them when arriving. But you certainly can use any of the lounges in the airside centre.

canada
Level Contributor
8,125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

The Swiss airline lounge at B had those facilities.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

The Swiss lounge that accepts Priority pass is not available to people travelling within Schengen but the DNATA lounge is. This lounge is in the Airside centre near the B gates. Unfortunately - no showers. Nice lounge though.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

The showers at Zurich are separate from the pay lounges and are not cheap (CHF15 if I recall correctly).

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

That seems like a very reasonable price to me! After a night flight there is nothing like a shower to freshen up. We fly Swiss and the Swiss arrivals lounge (open to First and Business class travellers plus their frequent fliers at the higher levels) has showers and a lovely breakfast. We always stop there before taking the train home. I would be more than happy to pay double that to have a shower...so would others I think.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

The lounges that I have access to that have showers are :

Primeclass lounge

Swiss business lounge D

Will I be able to access those coming in from Boston and going to Venice ?

I ask because last year I was connecting through Brussels and the lounge with showers was an arrivals lounge that I missed since I had already gone through passport control!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

Swiss Business class lounge D is not for people travelling to/in Schengen. I haven't heard of the "Primeclass" lounge. But I have two ideas for you!

1) Are you flying in Business class into ZRH? In which case you could go through Immigration (you have to do this at ZRH anyway because that is where you are entering Schengen) and walk out of the baggage claim area to the Swiss Arrivals Lounge. It is great! so is their coffee and hot breakfast! Then go back through Security to your next flight.

or

2) There are day rooms in the Transit area. You could rent a day room for a few hours, have a shower etc.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

No. You can’t access either of those. Just Dnata and Aspire. I think the issue is that the Swiss business lounges in the airside centre are being refurbed. They have/had showers and used to be PP. For now, they aren’t there and so there is no shower option in the Schengen lounges. If you are flying business or are *G flying Swiss, you can use the Swiss arrivals lounge which requires you to reclear security. As H says, that’s great. Otherwise pay CHF15 at the transit hotel.

https:/…transit-hotel-bedrooms

Edited: May 11, 2018, 3:48 pm
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

There is a new primeclass lounge in E. The description says that international and transit passengers admitted. Hopefully this will work?

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zurich connection. Lounge access

I don’t think you can go to the E dock and back without a valid boarding pass for the dock - which would be non-Schengen.

Reply to: Zurich connection. Lounge access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted