We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price in luzern

denpasar
Level Contributor
825 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi price in luzern

Hi...

I want to know whats average price for taxi in luzern ?

My hotel will be aparthotel adler, so from there to train station how much will it be ?

I need them for sure when coming and going with luggages, but also maybe at evening after excursion will feel tured to walk..

Cant find any uber rate for luzern..

14 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi price in luzern

Have a look at a map. It’s less then 10 minutes on foot from the main station to your hotel, and you’re right in the old town. You’re not going to need a taxi.

denpasar
Level Contributor
825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi price in luzern

Well.. i am talking about when having many luggages, i know its around 800m - 1km if walking..but i will have infants and many luggages

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi price in luzern

According to online taxi cost calculator around CHF 20 - car has to drive a detour to avoid car free zone. See for instance http://www.taxi-rechner.de/taxikosten.php

Walking takes at best 10 minutes - flat, pedestrian priority zone first, small bridge, then no car zone, slightly uphill - all quite scenic.

denpasar
Level Contributor
825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi price in luzern

Wow.. bit expensive for a very short taxi ride,

I wil try walking if possible,

Thx for the link btw .. so uber really is not available in luzern ?

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi price in luzern

No Uber. Would not be very useful anyway.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,689 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi price in luzern

I know an infant adds to luggage. Still, it's a pain to travel with so much stuff. Assuming you are traveling as two adults and one infant, try to limit your bags to no more than two large ones. You can be responsible for dragging them around. Your wife can then push the stroller with the infant. You can add a couple of carry-on's (best to use backpacks) if possible. Remember you only have so many hands so it's important to think about piece count.

denpasar
Level Contributor
825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi price in luzern

Yes.. infant adds many more luggages, thats why i was planning for taxi, i think it will be very tiring to walk 1km with luggages on summer afternoon

But then taxi price is really expensive :(

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi price in luzern

The reason taxis are so expensive is that taxis spend most of their time waiting. They do not have a lot of customers. Swiss don’t seem to think that doing 1km on foot could ever be a problem, and don’t use taxis a lot.

With two suitcases and a stroller it should be no issue. Luzern down town is not even as big as many airport terminals...

Edited: May 25, 2018, 12:18 pm
denpasar
Level Contributor
825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi price in luzern

Okey krist, will see when we got there. Hope walking is managable for us..

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi price in luzern

And don’t forget that a Taxi cannot just take an infant. The correct car seat is required by law. So if you have a infant, you typically need to prebook he Taxi with the right equipment. More cost....

Reply to: Taxi price in luzern
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;