We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not

Hello, I'm travelling to Switzerland this August. I read that route to Schilthorn is free for Swiss Travel Pass holders. Would I be missing anything if I didn't go to Jungfraujoch? I'm actually confused if Jungfraujoch is worth visiting or not.

Mentioned in this post
Schilthorn
Schilthorn
1,803 Reviews
Murren, Switzerland
Swiss Holiday Park
Swiss Holiday Park
333 Reviews
Morschach, Switzerland
Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch
2,492 Reviews
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
3 replies to this topic
Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not

Lots of people do make the visit to Jungfraujoch. Its worth is totally up to you. It's expensive and super crowded especially during high tourist season. I've been several times so the "wow" factor is no longer there for me. Schilthorn is very nice, included with STP, doesn't take the better part of a day and gives you great views as well as time to do other things on your itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch
2,492 Reviews
Schilthorn
Schilthorn
1,803 Reviews
Murren, Switzerland
Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not

Thank you!

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not

You can read many reviews of the Jungfraujoch on TripAdvisor. People seem to love it. But despite having spent many many weeks in Switzerland, and going to Klein Scheidegg half a dozen times, I have never done been nor felt sad not to have done it.

I think the appeal lies in the height of the views (which I understand) and the chance to experience snow for people who have not done so. Downside is that it is the opposite of mountains for me. Lots of people. And of course, the complexity of the construction means a high price.

I find that the most memorable mountain views are not always where you expect them to be. Make sure you find some time to access moments of solitude in the mountains rather than just “doing the sights”.

Mentioned in this post
Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch
2,492 Reviews
Reply to: Should I go to Jungfraujoch or not
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted