We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

Hello, I will be arriving to the Zurich airport at 8:30 AM on July 24, 2018 and need to get to my hotel located at HÔTEL-RESTAURANT DU PORT Rive française du Lac Léman Rue du Port 74140 YVOIRE-FRANCE.

Can someone please tell me how to get there if it is by train only or a combination of train, bus and/or ferry?

I need to purchase a train pass also but not sure what I need to buy so if someone can help me with this too that would be great too. Below is my schedule:

DAY 1- July 24- Arrive Zurich airport at 8:30 AM

--Check in Hotel Du Port Rive française du Lac Léman Rue du Port 74140 Yvoire France

DAY 2- July 25- Château de Chillon (Chillon Castle)- Montreux to Gruyères to go to the Cheese

Factory.

DAY 2- July 25- Chocolate (Nestle Factory) and Maison Cailler Chocolaterie. Gruyères to

Broc-

Fabrique with a quick change in Bulle. The factory entrance is located 100 m from the

stop and on the way is the Nestlé Factory Store.

DAY 3 July 26- Check out of Hotel in Yvoire France, Check in Hotel in Wengen (Hotel

Schönegg)

DAY 4 July 27- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, Rigi and wherever else I can go from Wengen

DAY 4 July 28- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, Rigi and wherever else I can go from Wengen

DAY 4 July 28- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, Rigi and wherever else I can go from Wengen

DAY 5 July 29- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, Rigi and wherever else I can go from Wengen

DAY 5 July 29- Check out of hotel in Wengen (Hotel Schönegg Wengen). Check into hote Hotel des Balances Lucerne

DAY 5 July 29- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 6 July 30- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 7 July 31- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 8 Aug 1- Check out of Hotel in Lucerne. Check into hotel in Zurich (Radisson Blu Hotel,

Zurich Airport)

DAY 8 Aug 1- Walk or ride bus/boat in Zurich

DAY 9 Aug 2- Fly home from Zurich

22 replies to this topic
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
601 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

The easiest way is by train to Nyon and from there by ferry to Yvoire, the schedules are available on sbb.ch

There is a 15 minutes walk from the train station in Nyon to the ferry pier.

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

You can get itineraries at www.sbb.ch/en timetable application.

For what I understand you plan to travel from Zurich airport to Yvoire, backtrack almost half of the route the next day for Montreux, Gruyères and Broc, return to Yvoire and again return half of the route for Wengen (?). Yvoire is a nice place, but really not the place to stay when arriving from Zurich for visiting Montreux, Broc and Gruyères (will be tough to squeeze in Chillon castle, Cailler chocolate factory and the not really interesting cheese factory).

Wengen is a great mountain place for mountain excursions and hiking, stunning views - but not for Rigi that is NE of Lucerne. Plenty to do in the area, check regional TA forum pages.

Lucerne is closer to Zurich, starting point for combining lake tours and mountain excursions - Rigi, Pilatus, maybe Titlis. Or one of the less known places with great views over lakes and mountains too. Plenty of information on TA Lucerne forum pages.

You can also use https:/…en timetable application for itineraries in Switzerland with always a map at top - works till Yvoire (lac) - boat pier.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,124 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

Yvoire is a terrible place to stay if you want to go to Montreux and Gruyères! You will have to take the ferry from Yvoire either to Nyon or to Evian. If to Nyon then a 20mins walk uphill to the station before you can even get on a Swiss train. If to Evian you then have to take the shuttle boat across to Lausanne-Ouchy and then the métro to the Lausanne station.

Strongly suggest you re-think this idea! It won't work.

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

DAY 1- July 24- Arrive Zurich airport at 8:30 AM take the train/ferry or train/ferry to

--Check in Hotel Du Port Rive française du Lac Léman Rue du Port 74140 Yvoire France

DAY 2- July 25- Château de Chillon (Chillon Castle)- Montreux to Gruyères to go to the Cheese Factory.

DAY 2 cont... - July 25- Chocolate (Nestle Factory) and Maison Cailler Chocolaterie. Gruyères to

Broc-Fabrique with a quick change in Bulle. The factory entrance is located 100 m from the stop and on the way is the Nestlé Factory Store.

DAY 3 - July 26- Check out of Hotel in Yvoire France, Check in Hotel in Wengen (Hotel Schönegg)

DAY 4- July 27- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, etc...places near Wengen

DAY 4 cont..- July 28- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, etc...places near Wengen

DAY 4 cont...- July 28- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, etc...places near Wengen

DAY 5- July 29- Wengen- Train to Jungfrau, etc...places near Wengen

DAY 5 cont...- July 29- Check out of hotel in Wengen (Hotel Schönegg Wengen). Check into hote Hotel des Balances Lucerne

DAY 5 cont...- July 29- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 6- July 30- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 7- July 31- Tours from Lucerne that require boat/train

DAY 8- Aug 1- Check out of Hotel in Lucerne. Check into hotel in Zurich(Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport)

DAY 8 cont..- Aug 1- Walk or ride bus/boat in Zurich

DAY 9- Aug 2- Fly home from Zurich

Edited: May 14, 2018, 10:11 pm
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

I really liked this hotel so I wanted to stay there if possible. https:/…

Edited: May 14, 2018, 10:13 pm
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

I see it has these 2 routes-

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Z%C3%BCrich,+Switzerland/Hotel+Restaurant+Du+Port,+Rue+du+Port,+74140+Yvoire,+France/@46.9030968,6.8282577,9z/am=t/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x47900b9749bea219:0xe66e8df1e71fdc03!2m2!1d8.541694!2d47.3768866!1m5!1m1!1s0x478c419a79ea7d31:0xca1331df5fef0167!2m2!1d6.324825!2d46.3709507!3e3!5i3

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Z%C3%BCrich,+Switzerland/Hotel+Restaurant+Du+Port,+Rue+du+Port,+74140+Yvoire,+France/@46.9005706,6.8282901,9z/am=t/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x47900b9749bea219:0xe66e8df1e71fdc03!2m2!1d8.541694!2d47.3768866!1m5!1m1!1s0x478c419a79ea7d31:0xca1331df5fef0167!2m2!1d6.324825!2d46.3709507!2m4!4e3!5e2!7e2!8j1526291479!3e3!5i1?shorturl=1

What am I missing? I don't see the 20 minute walk you referred to. Thank you

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,124 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

What you are missing is I said it is about a 20 mins walk from the station to the boat dock on the lake -- the routes you got via Google have you waiting for a bus, taking it for two stops, then waiting for another bus and finally getting to the port! If you want to wait for the buses - fine. It is probably quicker to walk.

The fact remains that Yvoire is not a place to stay if you want to sightsee in Switzerland. Suggest you cancel the booking there. Re-book in Montreux (which makes a LOT more sense) and then perhaps visit Yvoire on a day trip basis, taking the route Montreux/Nyon/walk to the lake/Yvoire on the shuttle boat.

I love Yvoire and I actually go there quite often because I like to eat in a hotel there - not the Hotel du Port but the Pré de la Cure which has the best filets de perche in the village. But it doesn't work for your itinerary. And actually there is not that much difference between Yvoire and Gruyères. Gruyères is also a walled medieval village! Maybe settle for that?

Edited: May 14, 2018, 10:28 pm
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,124 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

OK - I re-checked the walk from the Nyon station. Probably not more than 15 mins with luggage... doesn't change the rest though and when you cross back over next day to get a train it is an uphill walk...

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

I fell in love with this hotel and I really couldn't find anywhere that was non smoking, had an air conditioner in the room and was on the water like this near Montreux. I really looked hard and I just couldn't find what I was looking for. The top item on my list to see is the Château de Chillon (Chillon Castle) while in this area. If we can't do the Chocolate factory or anything else this is fine. So if I can make this work out that would be great. I trust your opinion and appreciate it. Thanks again

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,124 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?

I know the Hôtel du Port and I am not so sure you will love it when you get there...but hopefully you will. I think the reason it has AC is not because things get that hot but that it is right AT the port, over a very busy outside restaurant where there is a lot of noise in the summer. Without AC people staying at the hotel would have a hard time sleeping...

OK - so Chillon is a priority! Maybe the best thing to do would be to work in a visit to Chillon when you move from Yvoire to Wengen? That wouldn't be hard at all. And on Day 2 take a boat from Yvoire to Geneva and see Geneva, then boat back to Yvoire in the evening? There is a link to sightseeing in Geneva on the righthand tool bar of the main Geneva forum page.

For Day 3 - boat to Nyon, walk up to the station, train to Montreux. Check bags at the Montreux station - there are lockers on platform 1 and in the station building. Then bus to Chillon. Bus goes from the main road below the station and you just walk down the stairs to the lake level when you leave the station building. Takes about 10 mins to get to Chillon.

Visit the castle. DO get an audio guide at the gate (6frs extra). This is very well done and really enhances the visit. Allow 90 mins at least for the visit. Then bus back to Montreux.

Take the Goldenpass line Montreux/Zweisimmen/Spiez/Interlaken Ost/ and then train to Lauterbrunnen and connect to Wengen. Trains on the Goldenpass line run hourly so be careful about timing...

For the rest of the trip you are fine and you have chosen some very nice hotels.

Edited: May 14, 2018, 11:42 pm
Reply to: How to from ZRH to Hotel Du Port 74140 Yvoire France?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted