We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying for the 3rd time to get help...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Hello all!

I have posted a few times the past week to get help with questions but unfortunately didn't get any responses so I will try one last time.

I have the following questions:

1) I would like to visit Noto, Modica, Ragusa, Vendicari and Cavagrande. Is it better to stay in Ortigia the whole time and take day-trips or stay in Ortigia a couple of nights then stay in Ragusa Ibla a couple of nights?

2) I will be staying in Cefalu and taking day-trips to Madonie. Is it better to stay somewhere near Madonie (Petralia Soprana?) for 1 or 2 nights on my way from Agrigento to Cefalu instead of staying in Cefalu and drive to Madonie?

3) I plan to do the volcano night-hike in Stromboli. Is it worth it to do Mount Edna hike also?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and input.

Regards,

Beau

Pugwash, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
17,500 posts
184 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

I hope Vagabonda sees your question.

I would have to research on google maps or viamichelin to answer your questions.

You can stay in Ortigia and make day trips to Noto, Modica or Ragusa. You could possibly see a bit of Modica and Ragusa Ibla in one day. We stayed in Ortigia four days and did not move. Then we stayed in Ragusa Ibla two nights. We loved both places.

We took a jeep/walk tour to Mount Etna and it was interesting. We did not go to the summit but I am not sure it was open then as it was very active. I cannot help you with Stromboli.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Maryann,

Thanks so much for your input! I will continue searching and reading the existing posts and hopefully get some information there. Many thanks again!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
53,414 posts
87 reviews
83 helpful votes
3. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Maybe Vagabonda is on holiday, she will answer if she sees this,

Palermo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Hi. Generally Cefalú is a good base for the Madonie towns, but you could also consider Castelbuono for a couple of nights, a nice town with a good choice of lodgings and restaurants, and a possible base for other towns in the area.

Stromboli and Etna are both beautiful, but are two very different environments,so it's a bit hard to compare. One is a large and very high mountain, the other is a small and scenic island, so it would depend on your preference

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
156 reviews
86 helpful votes
5. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

... as a general rule I would avoid wasting time packing, checking out, checking in and unpacking to visit places that can be done by day trips ... I usually stay in Giardini-naxos and have day tripped from there all the way to the Valley of the Temples ... not for everyone but I prefer that way.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
6. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Grazie, Biondo!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
7. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...
Save

Frank,

Thanks for the input!

8. Re: Trying for the 3rd time to get help...

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 30, 2019, 12:20 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.