We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid tests near brindisi

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
Covid tests near brindisi
Save

I am returning to my home in Greece early December travelling by road down from the uk. I need a negative Covid test result from no more than 72 hours before I arrive in Greece. That means I have to have the test done in Italy, preferably Brindisi. Anyone know of a rapid test facility on the way down or in Brindisi?

23 replies to this topic
Puglia, Italy
Level Contributor
383 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Hi OliveoilYorkshire

Try the dedicated Regional coronavirus helpline for Puglia 800 71 39 31 (from abroad: 0039 080 337 33 98).

A new testing centre has opened in Ostuni. If you have no luck with the helpline, come back to the forum and let us know. We will try to get the details for you.

Additional information with links to Regional covid-19 resources can be found on our Puglia travel blog if you need them.

https://www.gaypugliapodcast.com/2020/11/06/covid-19-in-puglia-6-november-bulletin/

Good luck.

Edited: November 07, 2020, 4:14 pm
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Thank you. That is so good of you. I will do as you suggest.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Hi. I tried looking for the information on the new testing centre you mentioned on line and nothing. I rang the Puglia helpline and they don’t have an English speaker. I have e-mailed Grimaldi lines and their reply is most unhelpful. Sorry but any further suggestions or help would be most welcome.

Puglia, Italy
Level Contributor
383 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Hello again OliveoilYorkshire

Taken from the Brindisi branch of the Puglia Region Health Service website this has information on how to book tests:

https://www.sanita.puglia.it/web/asl-brindisi/news-in-primo-piano_det/-/journal_content/56/36031/coronavirus-modulo-di-autosegnalazione-degli-ingressi-in-puglia#

This has general links and information including about testing in Puglia:

https://www.sanita.puglia.it/web/pugliasalute/coronavirus#

They do have some pages in English, but not these.

This page from ASL Lecce has specific information for those arriving from or going to Greece. Again, there is no English version:

https://www.sanita.puglia.it/web/asl-lecce/news-in-primo-piano_det/-/journal_content/56/25176/informazioni-per-chi-rientra-da-croazia-grecia-malta-e-spagna

That link also has information about booking a private test. You might have better luck arranging for a private test; let me explain.

On returning from London just under 3 weeks ago (I was asked to submit the relevant paperwork on arrival at the airport although I had also emailed it to my doctor in advance; it is my doctor who contacts the ASL health service direct to arrange the test for me) I waited to be contacted by the ASL, for my test.

My doctor had forewarned me that some weeks back they were working to a 3-day window but that due to the recent rising numbers, tests were taking longer.

I was never contacted by the ASL. My 14-day quarantine came and went.

I am told that the service is swamped. However another friend also returning from abroad a few days after me had done the same thing; he lives in a different province, and had his test within 2 days and his results in another 2 (but that meant he was still grounded for the 4 days after his arrival day, while waiting).

Alternatively try to get a private test in the UK before you leave if the timeframe works; of course it was impossible for me to get an NHS test in the UK before I left. I didn’t have symptoms and specifically tests were not being provided on the NHS at that time for those who needed them to travel abroad.

Fingers crossed. In bocca al lupo.

Edited: November 09, 2020, 10:18 pm
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

All sorted. My host at my Booking.com place Antro Delle Muse in Altamira has booked me in nearby their place. Just great as it allows me an early start.

Puglia, Italy
Level Contributor
383 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Ciao OliveoilYorkshire

That’s good news.

One of our colleagues has tested positive. His wife is still waiting for ASL to contact her to arrange her test. She has been waiting over 5 days now. The service here in Puglia is stretched.

Puglia will stay in the orange zone beyond 3 December (which means our “soft” lockdown will continue for at least another 14 days after that). So, make sure you double check your travel arrangements and quarantine requirements.

Safe travels.

Big

Puglia, Italy
Level Contributor
383 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Ciao OliveoilYorkshire

When are your travel dates? In new measures to be announced coming into force from tomorrow it is likely that there will be an obligation for people coming/returning to Italy from EU countries between 10 and 21 December to undertake a coronavirus test *before* travelling and to present the negative result *on arrival*.

Those travelling in from non-Schengen countries must quarantine for 14 days. Then from 21 December until 6 January all travellers arriving in Italy must undertake a two-week quarantine.

The detail isn’t clear (for example how this will apply if you start in the UK) but if you are driving into Italy and stopping off in France it is likely that you need that test before you leave, if you haven’t already.

Fingers crossed.

Edited: December 04, 2020, 3:58 am
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
8. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

I’m leaving here on 5th and leaving Italy on 8th. I am going for my Covid test ‘fit to fly’ pcr tomorrow and then another one booked in Italy on 7th now to allow me into Greece. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Puglia, Italy
Level Contributor
383 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
9. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Great - good news, safe travels and have a happy festive period.

7 posts
10. Re: Covid tests near brindisi
Save

Anyone traveled to Malta from Amber list countries after 27/11/2020?

Will the airline let you board the plane without a PCR Test?

What would happen in Malta if someone arrives without a PCR test?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Sorry I replied to the wrong topic!

Edited: December 13, 2020, 3:12 am
Reply to: Covid tests near brindisi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brindisi
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.