We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in Puglia in May

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
244 reviews
150 helpful votes
Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

We are thinking of visiting Puglia for a week in May 2022, possible near Gallipoli and possibly arriving on the 19th May. Will it be warm enough for sunbathing then?

5 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
122 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

No one can predict what the weather will be like in May 2022 but I have visited Puglia twice at this time of year in the past. For me this time of year is perfect as it’s not too hot for sightseeing and good fortune permitting the weather is warm enough for a bit of swimming and sunbathing. An added bonus is that the beaches will be quieter and the spring flowers are out in the beautiful countryside. You may need a jacket/jumper for the evenings as it can get cool when the sun goes down.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,338 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

Agree, both my visits were in late May, and most days were sunny. I would not necessarily count on swimming though.

Level Contributor
163 posts
3. Re: Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

I'd say it's likely too cold for swimming - the beaches will just be opening, unless the weather is terrible, but the sea won't be warm yet. The temperature this year was around 20-22 degrees with a handful of days around 24-25, so lovely for sightseeing but I wouldn't count on it being a beach holiday. June, however, is perfect.

Bari, Italy
Level Contributor
99 posts
64 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

If you come from UK for sure you'll find it pretty warm :) but ofc it's a matter of luck, I remember that May 2019 was really cloudy. Anyway beaches will be open (generally from 15th may) and you won't sweat a lot while sightseeing

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
244 reviews
150 helpful votes
5. Re: Temperature in Puglia in May
Save

Thanks for the input. I think we may go for Sicily rather than Puglia.

Reply to: Temperature in Puglia in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.