We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napoli to Puglia or Sicily to Puglia

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
10 reviews
17 helpful votes
Napoli to Puglia or Sicily to Puglia
Save

Hi guys, I’m hoping to travel mid end of August for 14 nights around south Italy and Sicily.

I will be commuting via train and bus.

Rough plan thus far is fly into Napoli, travel down south, stop off in Salerno and get to see Paestum, not entirely sure what next go straight to Sicily via train for7 nights, meanwhile stop off along way for two nights somewhere?! And after Sicily cover south east end before making my way back to Napoli. Any suggestions please and thanks

2 replies to this topic
New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Napoli to Puglia or Sicily to Puglia
Save

A train connection from Naples area by way of Caserta to Foggia in northern Puglia is an alternative. If you are likely to limit your travel by train or bus to Puglia as you announced in your request for assistance this train connection might work for you. :Landscape includes part of Il Mezzogiorno. Sicily in all its magnificence will call for the bulk of the fourteen days. Why not confine or limit you exploration to Puglia and leave Sicily for another voyage? Paestum and Salerno will consume enough time. Getting back to Naples from Sicily on time for whatever is next on your itinerary demands more time than you are imagining now. Puglia will be enough.. Short return trip from Puglia to Naples area will be easier to negotiate than coming in from Sicily by train.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
10 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Napoli to Puglia or Sicily to Puglia
Save

Many thanks Chunkie

I guess I've been to Napoli before and Salerno (Amalfi coast) but I missed out on Paestum, hence why I would like to see it this time, esp as I will head south, I totally understand that Sicily will require more time, but I'll happily reserve 8/9 nights there and remainder in Puglia, I would always envisage a return trip wherever I go,

Reply to: Napoli to Puglia or Sicily to Puglia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puglia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.