We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.

1 post
quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Traveling to Venice in May and looking to book a safe, quiet airbnb on the canal near attractions. Any recommedations? Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
10,677 posts
70 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Hi Donna - welcome to the forum!

Venice is a compact city, so everywhere is pretty close to 'the attractions'. It is also a safe city. By 'on the canal' I suspect you mean the Grand Canal. The bad news is that if you could find an airbnb on the Grand Canal, it would probably be very expensive and it would not be quiet (the Grand Canal is actually quite a noisy place, and the noise starts very early in the morning!).

Finally, I suggest you don't just look at airbnb. Venice has got lots of really nice apartments, and many are let via other agencies - Views on Venice is a good one which you might like to try.

Good luck!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
158 reviews
112 helpful votes
2. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Stay in a hotel and leave flats for the locals

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
10,677 posts
70 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Hmmm. Something tells me that €200 per night would not be of much use to any ‘locals’!

Edited: 1 year ago
Canada
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
16 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

I agree, please book a hotel. Airbnb is displacing locals.

Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Even with Airbnbs now you have to pay a city tax so prepare for that. Note that while you will find plenty of Airbnb offering a lot of locals seem to hate it due to displacement. You can find both apartments and hotels on sites like booking dot com so not much difference I guess. We have stayed in both hotels and apartments but love the home away from home feel to self catering. For tips on run down places and areas to consider check out this https://www.itsallbee.com/2020/10/best-airbnb-venice-italy/ list for tips.

Ventnor, United...
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

Yes, there are a number of reputable agencies renting apartments in Venice. Mr Google is your friend.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italy
Level Contributor
7,598 posts
34 reviews
127 helpful votes
7. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

"Something tells me that €200 per night would not be of much use to any ‘locals’!"

Yes, but less demand = less supply :D

Also there are many officially registered holiday rentals or aparthotels. A good rental agency is Venice Holiday Rentals (nomen omen) :

http://www.venicehr.com

Moreover hotels sometimes offer whole apartments to rent, besides rooms (Ca' San Rocco, Cima Rosa, Hotel Tiziano and Hotel Al Piave for instance do this).

Italy
Level Contributor
17,686 posts
8. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

"Hmmm. Something tells me that €200 per night would not be of much use to any ‘locals’!"

That's the problem. If you're a landlord or potential landlord and you can rent out to tourists at €200 a night or a small fraction of that to locals you rent to tourists.

In areas zoned for residential that's a negative. Worse many of these properties are taxed like residential. Everything from the purchase tax to the garbage tax.

Europe
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
152 reviews
292 helpful votes
9. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

I always find it funny people want a 'safe' AirBnB or hotel. Is there a market for accommodation that is 'unsafe'? Do any hotels or airBnb's advertise themselves as such? And even if they were unsafe, would they stay in business for long? Or be recommended by anyone?

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: quiet, safe airbnb on the in venice, Italy.
Save

"The views were great, excellent location near the train station, super nice cafe right downstairs! Screams from neighboring apartments crying for help from the Masked Stabber were a bit of a downer."

Get answers to your questions about Venice
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.