We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Turin Hotel?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which Turin Hotel?

Hi, I am trying to decide between the below Turin hotels.

Grand Hotel Sitea

NH Piazza Carlina

NH Torino Santo Stefano

Townhouse 70

Hotel Victoria

They all seem nice and central, but I am wondering if any location or hotel is head-and-shoulders better than the others. My wish list: convenient for touristic sightseeing but still relatively quiet, good for dining and strolling, charming/aesthetically attractive street, good breakfast or near good cafes.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

9 replies to this topic
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

We've stayed at the Grand Hotel Sitea four times (deluxe room) and found it to meet all our needs, though I personally wouldn't say it's on a "charming/aesthetically attractive street".

mesh

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

Hello SFLeely

"They all seem nice and central" - They are, as you can check trough reviews and google maps: reading reviews and watching pics, you can decide what might be "head-and-shoulders better".

- "convenient for touristic sightseeing": all

- "but still relatively quiet": all, I'd say Sitea over the others, considering some aspects of the others' location/position and thinking at different moments of the day (it also depends on possible events during your period of stay)

- "good for dining and strolling": all

- "charming/aesthetically attractive street":

- "good breakfast or near good cafes": all... but strange, don't they all include breakfast?

We'd maybe reflect and do some consideration if, having the same rating and value, they had relevant different prices...

Edited: June 09, 2018, 3:01 am
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

We found the breakfast at the Sitea to be extremely good indeed: grandhotelsitea.it/en/restaurant/breakfast/

mesh

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

Uh, the answer to the aesthetics factor is, I don't know why, missing!

Basing on position, we could divide them in 2 groups, both in beautiful locations:

1) GH Sitea, NH Carlina and H Victoria --> between Piazza San Carlo and Piazza Carlo Emanuele II (aka Carlina)

2) NH S. Stefano and Townhouse 70 --> between Piazza Castello and Piazza Emanuele Filiberto (and near Piazza Palazzo di Città)

I'd keep Sitea, Carlina and Santo Stefano.

- Sitea is in Via Carlo Alberto, which is considered one of the most well-kept elegant and prestigious street, surrounded by restaurants, charming squares, famous brands shops and of course museums and other attractions; vehicles aren't allowed and during the year many events are hosted along. The crossroad with Via Bodoni, just afther the nice Madonna degli Angeli little square, is one of the most beautiful points in the city centre in my opinion (and Piazza Bodoni itself). However, just a little defect at the crossroad with Via Giolitti, where there's Lidl supermaket, because it's a meeting point for homeless.

- Carlina is quite recently renovated in a recently partially fixed and rebuilt beautiful square (surrounded by lots of restaurants, cafès and at least one great cocktail bar) ; I really like the hotel cause it's a great mix of a modern-style contemporary hotel in a classic XVII century palace.

- Santo Stefano is in one of the oldest part of the city centre (Roman "quadrilatero") so the atmosphere is completely different: Porta Palatina (Roman gate), Cathedral, Medieval Dominican Church and other (late-)Middle Ages structures; here too lots of restaurants/bistrot and places for after dinner time, but the hotel is too modern and "standardized" that it may appear without "character".

Anyway, all these are in the top 10 list of Turin hotel: whatever you choose, it will be great.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

Thank you all for the wonderful information, your thoughts and opinions. I am really looking forward to my first visit to Turin.

The Santo Stefano location is most appealing to me, but from photos the hotel itself does look a little bland--a minor quibble. I'll have to roll the dice or flip a coin. It seems I can't go wrong with any of these hotels.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

I love where the NH Santo Stefano is located!! It's a beautiful place and very convenient for.sightseeing, eating out and strolling around! Don't forget to visit the Porta Palazzo market, every morning! It's very near and lovely

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

Just to close the loop, I am back from my trip. I stayed at the NH Piazza Carlina and it was a wonderful hotel, everything in tip-top shape and a friendly, helpful staff. I loved Torino. It is a very beautiful city, and for me the walking from spot to spot was easy. Any of the hotels I was originally considering would have been well-located for what I did. Distances weren't far.

A great town and I will happily return someday. I didn't have enough time to see everything I was interested in seeing!

Thanks for all the advice.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Turin Hotel?

👍 👌

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
554 posts
26 reviews