We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Hi,

I'm touring Croatia and Bosnia and afterwards I have 8 nights to relax and enjoy travelling solo without an itinerary in late September. I am going to Ljubljana, Slovenia for 4 nights (or 3?) and then am looking for another place for the remaining 4 nights. I was thinking Trieste, Italy. Is Trieste worth visiting for 4 nights bearing in mind I don't want to do too much but eat and drink and relax and visit the odd sight etc?

5 replies to this topic
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Definitely. The whole region of Friuli Venezia Giulia is actually full of gorgeous sights: hillside villages, historical towns, a gentle countryside...you have it all. Other nearby places you may want to visit: Udine, Aquileia, Cividale del Friuli, Gorizia and Cormons, just to name a few.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Trieste is worth a visit for sure.

Since you are allowing yourself a leisurely stay in Ljubljana and Trieste I hope you have plenty of time on the tour in Croatia as there is so much to see there too.

For example, are you spending time in Istria?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Definitely! I moved here from London ten months ago and I love it. There are quiet spaces, nature walks overlooking the sea or busier parts down in the city. If you want to chill out there are loads of bars and nice restaurants too. I love it here because it really has everything.

CA
Level Contributor
10,944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Well, I guess that's settled!

https://wikitravel.org/en/Trieste

If planning to visit the Duomo, take a taxi up, then a pleasant walk down through town.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
58 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?

Thanks so much TravellingSuky and Francophool! Very helpful information. I've booked four nights and am really looking forward to it.

Reply to: Is Trieste worth a few nights stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trieste