We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Lights

Southern California
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
Night Lights

When we travel I like to carry a nightlight for the bathroom. That way we don't have to turn on a light during the night if we need to get up. Does anyone know what type of shop I would go to in order to obtain a European nightlight when we get to Rome? I know I could carry light sticks, but I'm trying my best to keep my packing to a minimum. Thanks

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
25 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Night Lights

I suppose you could look in a casalinga (a hardware store). Depends on how much time yo have to search. A lttle flashlight doesnt take up much room and doesnt weigh much.

That being said an Italian hardwear store is great fun.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: Night Lights

you could try brining a small led flashlight. the one I have is small keychain size. It's so small you could bring a few.

Mine is from an outdoor adventure store (like REI) in Canada. I'm sure there are lots of places that sell something similar.

Washington
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
330 reviews
1,944 helpful votes
3. Re: Night Lights

A lot of devices nowadays are dual voltage. Check your nightlight to see if it says "110/220". If so, it will run on Italian voltage.

You would just need a plug adapter so you could plug US prong-style plugs into the Italian pin-style socket. You can buy or order a plug adapter ahead of time (I got mine from Amazon.com), and it will work for any other dual voltage electronics you might want to take (camera/iPod/phone charger, hairdryer, etc.).

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
25 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Night Lights

Italians were brought up to turn off light..some don't even turn them on. Electricty has always been very expensive in Italy.

Probably night lights are few and far between.

A small flash light will do the trick for you.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
5. Re: Night Lights

buy a hand torch with batteries.

6. Re: Night Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: September 17, 2009, 5:18 am