We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Lamezia

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
London to Lamezia
Save

Can anyone make a recommendation on an airline that travels from London to Lamezia Terme?

We will fly into Healthrow from the US.

Am I reading correctly that Ryan Air doesn't fly out of Heathrow?

And there are no nonstop Alitalia flights?

We usually fly into Rome nonstop and then hop on Alitalia , but since we're laying over at Heathrow anyway, thought I'd save that third step?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

You can check the normal routes of an airport by simply looking at its Wikipedia page. Scroll down to the airlines / destinations table:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamezia_Terme_International_Airport

Be aware that seasonal routes may be cut back this year due to COVID-19.

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

Thank you USA_Drew! I have never thought to check Wikipedia.

Very helpful!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
105,548 posts
441 reviews
362 helpful votes
3. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

You may be tempted by flights from Gatwick, Stansted or Luton but I would be very wary of changing airports unless you are staying for a night or longer in London itself.

With so much uncertainty in schedules at the moment I don't think hat this is really the time to switch between the likes of LHR and LGW when flying with separately ticketed flights. As I say, it would be less of a concern if you are staying over.

Also things might be easier as the year moves forward, so the dates you plan on travelling will be a factor, too.

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

Thank you so much! I agree. I googled the distance between the airports. I’m optimistically looking into September, planning possible routes in case things are open, but flights aren’t nonstop. Of course, won’t book until borders are open, even with no change fees.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
36,410 posts
5. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

In the event that flights from the UK to Lamezia Terme do not return this calendar year (which in my view is quite possible), the alternative would be a flight to Naples. Naples flights are almost certain to return as they serve areas popular with the UK vacation market, unlike Lamezia.

Trains run fairly frequently from Napoli Centrale to Lamezia Centrale in from 3h 03 and continue down the coast (possibly to somewhere near where you are going?).

There are fairly frequent buses from Naples Airport to the train station. Or take a taxi.

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

Thank you! That's a good suggestion. Maybe fly into Naples. And ideally, if we fly into Heathrow, there is an airline that flies Heathrow to Naples.

Our final destination is Tropea. I love a train ride, but have not taken a train from Rome to Lamezia, always flown. I would not mind a 3 hour train ride, but I believe (without looking) from Rome, its more like 6-7 hours?

And we usually rent a car in Lamezia.

I appreciate all the suggestions :)

Durham
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
7 reviews
19 helpful votes
7. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

BA flies directly from LHR to Naples.

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

Thanks for that information! I hadn’t seen that.

London, England
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
9. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

I may be mistaken, but I think Ryanair were the only airline that flew from U.K. to La Mezia direct. They have cut many of their routes due to Covid and this is likely to be one of them. I think the flight operated from Stansted.

Clermont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: London to Lamezia
Save

Thank you for your reply. As luck would have it, American Airlines just added a non stop to Rome. Now, all we need is for Italy to allow tourists! I appreciate everyone’s input very much.

Reply to: London to Lamezia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calabria
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.