We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Questions

Connecticut
1 post
Rome Questions
Save

We will be traveling to Italy at the end of this month. I have been researching 24/7 but several questions I could not find answers to.

1)When using a money belt, how do you get your money out of it to pay for things if you are in public?

2)Is there an age restriction for children in restaurant/bars? I know when we were in London my girls could not go into pubs. They are 15 and 17 now.

3)I know you are supposed to have ID on you, but is a license okay or do you need your passport? I wanted to leave the passports in our room locked up.

4)Does anyone know if the tourist offices are open on Sun?

I saw two conflicting answers. We are arriving late Sat. night and wanted to purchase a Roma pass on Sunday.

Thank you for any help. We are very excited to be visiting Italy for our first time.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
322 reviews
199 helpful votes
1. Re: Rome Questions
Save

1) Put money for the day iny our bag and large bills/passports/tickets/credit cards in your moneybelt (we usually leave passports and tickets in the safe). If you need to acess the moneybelt go to the toilet or turn into a corner with someone 'watching your back'.

2) Cafe type bars and resteraunts generally accept all children. Unless you want to go to a nightclub your girls will be fine.

3) We usually carry a photocopy of the information in the passports and our drivers licence.

4)Don't know, sorry.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Edited: 11 years ago
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
109,835 posts
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Rome Questions
Save

You don't have to go to a tourist office to get a Roma Pass. They are also sold at the museums covered by the Pass. However, it now costs €25 which makes it rather poor value unless your first two (free) sites will be Colosseum/Forum and Galleria Borghese.

3. Re: Rome Questions

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 13, 2010, 1:21 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.