We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where did you buy eurail italy pass

bangkok
1 post
where did you buy eurail italy pass
Save

i live in bangkok and i am going to italy on 30sep .could you tell me where did you buy your pass thank you so much......meme

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: where did you buy eurail italy pass
Save

If you search the TA Forum, you will see that point to point tickets in Italy are cheaper then eurail pass in Italy

canada
Level Contributor
8,533 posts
10 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: where did you buy eurail italy pass
Save

Unless you plan to spend 4-8 hours on regionale (commuter) trains EVERYDAY.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
109,850 posts
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: where did you buy eurail italy pass
Save

Do *not* buy a pass: it will be easier and cheaper to buy your tickets in Italy.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
157 reviews
260 helpful votes
4. Re: where did you buy eurail italy pass
Save

Hi

I also agree that you can just pick up your tickets for the next destination when you alight, with no problems. I did that all around Italy and not one train was late and we always got a seat and mostly window. We did however have to get on one of the faster trains and found that the seats were limited as a lot of tourists were on these trains and the luggage compartment was crammed and some had their luggage between their legs as there was nowhere else to store it.

Also on my research on the train site trenitalia, I found that the regional trains were not much slower for the places I was heading to, than the faster trains and the cost was reduced considerably compared to the Eurail Pass.

Unless you are speeding around Italy in a very short time, I found the regional trains had mostly Italian people on board who were very helpful and we had plenty of room to move and store our luggage.

Unless you are travelling around other European countries, I don't see that it is necessary to go and buy the Eurail Pass.

We were there in early October, so you see there was no problems then.

Niec

5. Re: where did you buy eurail italy pass

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 07, 2010, 3:16 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.