We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rovinj to Venice by ferry

Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
87 reviews
46 helpful votes
Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Save

I intend to travel to Venice from Rovinj by ferry. Can anyone tell me where the ferry docks in Venice and is it feasible to walk from there to the San Marco area? Also we are staying for two nights and any suggestions for an area to stay in that is not too expensive but you can walk to the main sites /areas would be appreciated.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Mestre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Crete, Istria, Cres, Krk, Sicily
Level Contributor
22,097 posts
108 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Save

Make sure the ferry exists this year with few passengers than usual.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Save

the ferry will go from the main cruise terminal on the NW of venice island

from san marco it is a long walk to piazzale roma (maybe 30 min - more if crowded or you have luggage)

where you can get the tronchetto rail shuttle to the port - otherwise get a vaparetto

as others have said the seasonal service is very likely to be restricted by covid measures

Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
87 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Save

Good point.Thank you

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
105,580 posts
441 reviews
362 helpful votes
4. Re: Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Save

I definitely wouldn't want to carry or pull luggage through the centre of Venice. So in the past we've usually stayed in the area around Piazzale Roma. I found it challenging enough hauling two bags across the bridge from the main railway station, though in my defence it was very hot that day and we were coming back after a cruise so the bags were heavy!

If you are staying in the San Marco area I would recommend a waterbus or water taxi. If you haven't booked anything yet, then I would recommend not staying in the San Marco area :-)

Reply to: Rovinj to Venice by ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.