We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy beach vacation with a baby

Oslo, Norway
7 posts
1 review
Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Hi

We are planning a four week vacation in August and will split it beetween two weeks in Croatia and Italy. We will travel from second week in August to Croatia

Previously we have been to Rome, Milano, Toscana, Sinque Terre, Amalfi Coast and Sicilia.

We really like Italy, and will be travelling with a 8 months old baby. We prefer a relaxed beach holiday, going to restaurants in the evening, and maybe some shopping. We would like to rent an appartment/house or stay at a hotel with an appartment. We dont love overcrowded beaches, and are open to try something new, from where we have been before.

We will not to much tourist attractions with the baby in the heat. We would like to either go to Italy and then Croatia or the other way around. We have looked a bit on South East part of Italy (Bari etc), and Sardinia. I see that its a boat from south of Italy to Croatia, but this is not a must.

All suggestions are much welcomed:)

Thanx in advance:)

11 replies to this topic
New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Potentially dangerous surroundings might be lurking in the environment you select if you do not know the health conditions of the people who want to mingle with you and your child. Travel restrictions that will be in effect might determine your choice or deter your plans altogether. Options for canceling hour vacation in Italy and elsewhere might be a requirement. Places that bring crowds will be confronting you with danger. The heat will be one large insurmountable obstacle. What are travel restrictions for Croatia? No shame in staying home for protecting the health of your family. Beaches might not be be as relaxing as you might imagine .It might be risky vacation planning and even worse to undertake these plans should the pandemic be there. Cancel now should conditions with the infection from the pandemic threaten you.

Edited: April 13, 2021, 12:06 am
County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Sorrento Coast, Ischia, Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
43 reviews
247 helpful votes
2. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Hi

Possibly, the reason why you are not getting too many helpful replies is because all beaches will be crowded in August if things return to nearly normal. "Ferragosto" is a national holiday in Italy on August 15th and lots of people head to the coastal areas for a week or two to escape the heat of the cities.

Apart from Sardinia and the beaches of Puglia, the island of Ischia also has sandy beaches, shops and restaurants. I don't know which beach might be best with a baby.

http://www.ischiareview.com/

https://www.ischiareview.com/beaches-of-ischia.html

https://www.italyreview.com/best-beaches-in-italy.html

You could also have a look at Lake Garda which also has shops and restaurants but the beaches are mainly shingle or coarse-pebble.

Eddie

Mestre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Crete, Istria, Cres, Krk, Sicily
Level Contributor
22,332 posts
108 reviews
91 helpful votes
3. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Relaxed beaches in August? Only if private or with a boat.

County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Sorrento Coast, Ischia, Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
43 reviews
247 helpful votes
4. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Hi

Yes, the three hotels we stayed at in Ischia had private beaches. If you want any more info ask here.

Eddie

Level Contributor
444 posts
5. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

I've never been to Ischia! Talk of the Ferragosto hols fills me with dread as we remember what it did to the numbers last year.

I wonder how they will control things this year in view of that? I intend to go to Italy in September which is why it concerns me. But that's a personal concern and of course no-one in Italy wants a repeat of last year's impact on numbers.

Oslo, Norway
7 posts
1 review
6. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

Hi

Thanks for your input. Regarding Covid 19 concerns, we will follow the numbers closely and have a cancellation option when booking. We will also take the vaccine before any travel.

Any tips on which area to stay in Puglia /Bari area? Is it worth visiting?

Best regards haalis

Edited: April 13, 2021, 3:13 am
7. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: April 13, 2021, 6:54 am
Edited: April 13, 2021, 6:54 am

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
127,916 posts
8. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

August is "usually" the peak tourist/beach month, and especially around the 15th. It becomes a bit less crowded towards the end of August.

The beaches in Puglia are beautiful.

https://www.thethinkingtraveller.com/italy/puglia/beaches-in-puglia

Bandiera Verde beaches are rated the best beaches for children.

Here's the 2020 list:

https://www.quantomanca.com/bandiera-verde-ovvero-le-spiagge-a-misura-di-bambino/

Vagabonda

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
11 helpful votes
9. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

My brother is an MD of infectious diseases. All adults in family have been vaccinated. We are planning a family reunion in August, if possible. No one has to fly. Even still my brother has advised my son and his family not to attend because they will have a 6 month old. Babies cannot be vaccinated and do not fare well with Covid. Please check with your child’s physician. He/she may have a completely different view, but the risk should be carefully assessed.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
11 helpful votes
10. Re: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Save

My brother is an MD of infectious diseases. All adults in family have been vaccinated. We are planning a family reunion in August, if possible. No one has to fly. Even still my brother has advised my son and his family not to attend because they will have a 6 month old. Babies cannot be vaccinated and do not fare well with Covid. Please check with your child’s physician. He/she may have a completely different view, but the risk should be carefully assessed.

Reply to: Italy beach vacation with a baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.