We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Bellagio

Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
17 helpful votes
Milan to Bellagio
Save

Can anyone advise the most efficient way to go from Milan to Bellagio on Lake Como? Private transportation is financially out of the question. We will be arriving from Rome via train in mid May and will be spending 3 nights in Bellagio.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
20,517 posts
121 reviews
254 helpful votes
1. Re: Milan to Bellagio
Save

Bellagio is not on a railway line. probably the best way is to take the train from Milan to Como (check www.trenitalia.it English version for train times). Then there is an excellent ferry service around the Lake which will take you to Bellagio. Alternatively there is a bus service from Como to Bellagio but I have never used it and always relied on the ferries.

My wife and I had an excellent week staying at the Hotel Du Lac in Bellagio, on the waterfront immediately opposite the ferry landing stage. We greatly enjoyed voyaging round the Lake visiting the interesting villages found on it shores.

us
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Milan to Bellagio
Save

Train to Varenna, which is a brief ferry hop to Bellagio and maybe a more preferable place to stay anyway. The ferry connection to Como is beautiful but so long and infrequent as to be useless for many folks needs, and busses have their own pitfalls.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.