We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?
Save

I need to get from Positano to Chamonix leaving Positano on the 10th of January arriving Chamonix on the 11th of January 2019 - what is the best mode of transport? Would love to stop in Turin for a night and visit Aosta on my way through to Chamonix?

I leave Chamonix on the 19th of January so I could drop a hire car back in Milan and fly to Heathrow if car travel is the easiest way? Plan on skiing different areas and sight seeing in Chamonix so car might be handy to have while I'm there?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
1. Re: Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?
Save

Fly EasyJet direct from Naples to Geneva very cheaply on January 10 and in under two hours. Price booked now is €30 (plus hold baggage charge, which you can add later). Regular buses and frequent shuttles run from Geneva Airport to Chamonix.

Driving from Naples to Chamonix via Turin would take over twelve hours plus rest stops and plus any additional delays due to weather and traffic conditions, and cost over €200 in tolls and fuel plus rental charge. And if you don't have a rental car, you don't have spend time and expense returning it to Italy to avoid the huge one-way fee arising from drop-off in another country.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
34,030 posts
16 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?
Save

Trains Napoli to Aosta www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Buses Aosta to Chamonix www.savda.it www.flixbus.com

Edited: 2 years ago
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?
Save

Thanks for this it's really helpful. Cheers Donna

4. Re: Best mode of transport from Positano to Chamonix?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 27, 2019, 12:17 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.