We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

I’ll be in La Carihuela next month & looking to go to the Thursday flea market near the bullring. We can get a taxi from our apartment but was just wondering if there’s a taxi rank or taxis likely to be driving around near that vacinity to get one back to the El Horno Beach area.

If not taxis then maybe a bus to get back?

If anyone can help, I’d be very grateful, thanks.

12 replies to this topic
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Why not try walking. it isn't that far, about 15 minutes max from the town centre and apart from a bit uphill at the beginning quite easy.It also gives you a chance to see the non tourist Torremolinos which most don't bother to do.On this forum ian is frequently extolling the virtues of the tapas bars opposite the town hall.

You could even keep your walking shoes on and visit the Jardin Molino del Inca which is much more interesting than the market

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Google maps has it at 1.5 miles and 30 minutes walk. In that heat, it’s not a walk I really want to be doing, so that’s why I’m asking about taxis and buses.

Hopefully someone can give a bit of insight into that element of it. Thanks.

Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Always taxis available by entrance on market day ... if not tele number:-

0034 952382744 ... and they'll be there within 2 mins!

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

That’s great HappyBeach, thank you.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,879 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

We're staying in the Carihuela area at the moment and visited the market today.

Just jump on the L1 bus its the only service that takes you direct to the market, stopping at the start of the market.

If you buy a bonotren bus ticket, reduces bus cost to 58 cents from standard 1.30.

Its a steep up hill climb from any area of the Carihuela and I doubt Mo Farah could do in 15 minutes, in addition it can't be done as the a direct line, the streets zig zag and only a few points to cross the railway line, adding to the distance, it's a non stop steep climb from the start.

There is a taxi rank by the public car park at the market and at plaza el remo from the El horno end.

Neatest bus stop is outside Palm beach apartments

Edited: June 08, 2018, 1:18 am
London
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Thanks for that Ian, really helpful. Whereabouts is the bus stop at the Market end of the journey, for the return trip back? Thanks again.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,879 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Same place as it drops you off, just check the front as buses in both directions stop at the same place (it only stops here thursday).

For the return you want the bus saying aloha at the top, and Torremolinos below.

Was our first visit to Torremolinos market this year, having been to arroyo the last two Fridays.

Quite surprised that the same stalls at both sites were selling up to 50% cheaper for the same item at Torremolinos, quite happy for my OH to buy today after saying too expensive the previous two Fridays.

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Cheers mate, extremely helpful once again, appreciate it.

southampton
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

Sorry to jump in but how far is it from don Marco hotel many thanks

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,879 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?

A good 45 minute uphill walk. Suggest L2 bus to bus station and then L1 bus to market.

L2 bus stop is on the Paseo outside your hotel. Buy a 10 journey bus card for 5.80 euros, the full price is 1.30, makes cost less then half price.

Reply to: Taxi or bus from the Bullring/Market area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos