We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Algeciras to Cadiz

Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

tl;dr: What's the best travelling option from Algeciras to Cadiz especially if we want to be there before 10 AM (we booked a free walking tour - nothing we cannot cancel obviously, but it'll be a huge bummer. And this is also our only day in Cadiz, so we want to be there as early as possible)?

We are going to travel from Algeciras to Cadiz on this Wednesday (27/06). When I was planning this trip 2 months ago, Transportes Generales Comes showed a direct bus from Algeciras to Cadiz at 8.00 AM (I think?) that would reach Cadiz at 9.30 AM or somewhere around that time. And they still show a bus #902 that leaves Algeciras at 7.30 AM? But when I try to buy a ticket online via movelia, only the 14.45 bus shows up.

We can do Algeciras>Jerez de la Frontera (by Valenzuela)>Cadiz (by train), and there is a bus at 6.30 AM from Algeciras, but I cannot buy tickets online from Valenzuela's website for some reason?

Please please help as we really were looking forward to our only day in Cadiz. Many thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28,467 posts
284 reviews
305 helpful votes
1. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

The website booking systems seem to be awful for these routes. In fact Valenzuela does not have an easy to use booking system ..this is because people just arrive at the bus station and expect to buy a ticket!

I would go for the 07.30 bus and get to San Bernardo bus station before to buy the ticket. Think the buffet is open in case you want some breakfast.

The Valenzuela bus does take a while as it's not direct and goes via Los Barrios, Alcalá de los Gazules, Medina Sidonia before reaching Jerez by 8am. At Jerez the train station is adjacent so easy transfer but as always seems to be the case the next Media Distancia train is not until 08.46 which would get you into Cadiz by 09.23

So potentially you could leave from Algeciras an hour earlier but arrive at the same time as the 07.30 bus.

So seems to me the best would be to take the 07.30.

If you feel uneasy then send a brief email to Comes explaining the inability to buy on line etc. They can reserve a ticket to be collected when you go to San Bernardo bus station.

http://www.tgcomes.es/contacto_english.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
28,467 posts
284 reviews
305 helpful votes
2. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

This shows the 07.30 bus from Algeciras.

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_14_english.htm

Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

Thank you so much, Cadiz_lover! I checked this timetable too, but the 7:30 bus has two different colours and that's why I'm confused. Does that mean that there's a bus that leaves Algeciras at 7:30 that only goes to C. Tahivilla; AND then there's a seperate bus that's only from S. Fernando to Cadiz at 09:05? Or does the 7:30 bus reach Cadiz?

Also - if we do choose Valenzuela route in the end, how can we buy tickets? On the bus like you said?

Do you know if both TG Comes and Valenzuela leave from San Bernardo in Algeciras?

London, United...
Level Contributor
28,467 posts
284 reviews
305 helpful votes
4. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

The 07.30 bus starts in La Linea and the different colour indicates that it is a bus service available to those having the local Transport Consortium pass for the stops indicated. The service does go to Cadiz as shown.

Valenzuela and TG Comes leave from San Bernardo bus station.

You would need to get ticket from the driver when taking the early bus for Valenzuela.

If you are still concerned then email COMES as mentioned.

Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

Update: thank you Cadiz_lover so much! We did take the 7.30 bus, were late to the walking tour due to a traffic accident on the road but it all worked out just fine.

In case anyone else use it in the future: you cannot buy tickets from the driver on this line but you have to buy it from the ticket office beforehand, which was open at 7.30 when we were there. But it's always best to buy such things like a day before if you can.

Edited: 2 years ago
Level Contributor
18 posts
6. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz
Save

Cadiz_lover (or any other readers),

I am travelling from La Linea to Cadiz on Sunday, 24th March next. I hoping to see a football match in Cadiz which kick-offs at 18.00.

I see a bus that leaves from Algericas (departs at 14.45) but does not arrive in Cadiz until 16.45 pm which is a bit tight for my liking as I have to drop off my baggage etc.

Can you please advise if there is a better way? I cannot see an earlier departure anyway by either bus or train. Thanks in advance.

7. Re: From Algeciras to Cadiz

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 04, 2020, 3:40 pm
Get answers to your questions about Cadiz
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.