We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hannover Hbf transfer platforms

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hannover Hbf transfer platforms

I will be taking a group from Berlin tobAmsterdam via Hannover. The DB website says our platform is #12. It would seem that the configuration of the station has 2 sets of platforms, I imagin indicating the direction a train is going. My question, is 12 minutes enough time to make connection from one side of station to other, if that is the case? I’ve done group travel on trains but haven’t been to this station. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Hannover
Hannover
Lower Saxony, Germany
2 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hannover Hbf transfer platforms

You only mentioned one platform, what about the other?

And what do you mean by two sets of platforms? Indicating the direction of travel? I really don‘t understand what you mean by that?

If you mean that there are two sets of stairs going up in opposite directions from the main corridor: yes that is true but both will get you to the same platform only on different sides. It doesn‘t matter which side you choose.

There are platforms 1-14 (5-6 is missing). Each platform has two tracks on either side of the platform: 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc.

Walking from platform 14 to 1 would take about 5 minutes so you can easily do a transfer in 12 minutes, that‘s no problem at all

Edited: June 08, 2018, 7:26 pm
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hannover Hbf transfer platforms

Wasnt it possible to use the direct intercity to Amsterdam that departs 15 minutes earlier in Berlin? In Hannover you will change to the same train.

Usually in Hannover the train to Amsterdam departs from platform 12 as well. So 12 minutes will be more than enough as you stay on the same platform.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Hannover
Hannover
Lower Saxony, Germany
Reply to: Hannover Hbf transfer platforms
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted