We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nordlingen train travel

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nordlingen train travel

What is the quickest, most efficient way to get to Nordlingen from Paris?

Mentioned in this post
Nordlingen
Nordlingen
Swabia, Germany
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Kirchturm Daniel
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Historische Stadtmauer
Points of Interest & Landmarks
St. Georg Dom
Observation Decks & Towers
Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nordlingen train travel

It would take 6 hours by train.

The German Rail website ( www.bahn.de ) has fares as low as 39 euros. These are special fares and often book out fast. You can purchase tickets online up to 89 days before your trip. The earlier you can book, the better chance of getter one of the discount fares.

There is an English language option on the German Rail website.

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nordlingen train travel

Thank you. I am finding the rail site not so user friendly. I think if I had the correct connections I could use it better. So, I go from Paris to?? then connect at ?? Six hours sounds really good. It was going to take a lot longer the way I was working it out. Can you give me a little more info? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nordlingen train travel

As stated above, go to www.bahn.de and change it to English near the top of the page. Note that you are traveling from Paris to Nördlingen or Noerdlingen, not Nordlingen. You cannot just ignore those two dots (umlaut) above the "o" as TripAdvisor loves to do. That means if you cannot type vowels with umlauts, an "e" must follow the vowel (ä=ae,ö=oe,ü=ue). Then type in your travel dates and time, and see what connections come up. You can click on the suggested routes and trains to see when and where the connections are, and by some more clicking get all of the intermediate places that the train stops along the way. I would also always select quick connections, and although they may seem short to you, all are easily makeable. The worst that would happen is that you have to take a later train if you miss one.

For some inexpensive traveling after you arrive, Noerdlingen although in Bavaria is also accessable using the Baden-Wuerttemberg Lander day train ticket, as well as the Bavarian one. For 19€ single or 28€ for a group of 2-5 you can travel about either of these German states on any means of public transport WITHIN that state except the fast long distance IC,EC and ICE trains from 9AM to 3AM the next morning on weekdays, and from midnight to 3AM the next day on weekends.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Nordlingen
Nordlingen
Swabia, Germany
Bavaria
Bavaria
Germany
geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nordlingen train travel

Thank you. I thought those two little dots might be the problem, but my computer won't print them. Putting the e in makes sense. Again, thanks.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,707 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nordlingen train travel

>I think if I had the correct connections I could use it better. So, I go from Paris to?? then connect at ?? Six hours sounds really good.

Well, it is impossible to say without working through the bahn.de website. If you enter the schedule request from Paris to Noerdlingen, it will show you all the connections. The detailed plans are accessible if you just click on the ">" signs.

I don't know why you say it is not user-freidnly. Except that there are too many ads cluttering it, you get all the information you need.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nordlingen train travel

You're right. It works very well, once you know to type in the e. Without the e, it's a lost cause. Thanks.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nordlingen train travel

ö=Alt 0246

ä=Alt 0228

ü=Alt 0252

ß=Alt 0223

Ä= Alt 0196

Ö= Alt 0214

Ü= Alt 0220

Therefore - N, Alt 0246, r,d,l,i,n,g,e,n gets you Nördlingen

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,426 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: nordlingen train travel

It's fully OK to use Noerdlingen if you don't have an ö around.

With the DB timetable.

But also e.g. in the internet

http://www.noerdlingen.de

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nordlingen train travel

Thank you. Just goes to show that even at sixty you can learn something every day. I think I have it all sorted now.

10. Re: nordlingen train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 06, 2010, 1:20 pm
Get answers to your questions about Nordlingen