We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

Mannheim, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

Hi all,

I’m traveling with some friends from Mannheim Hauptbahnhof to Kehl with Baden Württemberg Ticket. I’d like to confirm if one really cannot take ICE and IC trains with the BW ticket. Is this true?

And from Kehl to Strasbourg: There’s a Ticket called Europass 24H mini which can be used a day ticket from Kehl to Strasbourg. Is it also possible to use this ticket for transportation system in Strasbourg as a day ticket?

Thank you so much for the answers to my questions.

Mentioned in this post
Mannheim
Mannheim
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
4 replies to this topic
Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

Yes, Baden-Württemberg-Ticket is not valid on ICE and IC trains.

The Europass-24h-Mini-Ticket is valid on the train between Kehl and Strasbourg and also on all Strasbourg tramways and city buses.

A cheaper, but a little bit slower option is be to take the tramway between Kehl and Strasbourg. A "Trio" 24 hour ticket for the tramway and city buses costs 6,80 € for three persons. Not valid on the train.Ticket machines take only Euro coins and credit cards.

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Mannheim, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

Thank you!

I checked on the trains and I saw one that has a connection in Appenweier and goes to Strasbourg. The train is SWE87422. Am I allowed to take this train direct to Strasbourg as long as I have already the 24H Europass with me on board? Do I need to get out of the train and then change?

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

If you have the Europass ticket, you can stay on the train. No need to get off at Kehl.

Mannheim, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket

I’d like to clarify this: is it possible to with Europass 24H Mini Ticket to just stay on the train to Strasbourg?

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Reply to: Mannheim-Kehl-Strasbourg and BW Ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Strasbourg