We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxir from river cruise port to old town

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
taxir from river cruise port to old town

I would like to know how far the from the Old Town the river cruise boats moor and if there are taxis available at the mooring area .

many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxir from river cruise port to old town

The bigger cruise boats can't enter the port of Strasbourg and rest on the Rhine river. They moor on the German side at Kehl, which is about 5 km from the Strasbourg city centre. The mooring is not far from the Kehl train station which has a taxi rank. However, you can also go by tramway to the Strasbourg city centre.

Smaller cruise boats can enter the port of Strasbourg and moor a bit closer to the city centre. Not sure about a taxi rank in this area.

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxir from river cruise port to old town

many thanks

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxir from river cruise port to old town

If you are docking at Kehl, I would recommend the tram. You can Google it and get a tram map so that you know ahead of time what stop you want off at.

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxir from river cruise port to old town

If you are docking at Kehl, I would recommend the tram. You can Google it and get a tram map so that you know ahead of time what stop you want off at.

Reply to: taxir from river cruise port to old town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;