We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Istanbul Province...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Hello ,

Next month I ll be in Strasbourg for 2 days , one night i’ll stay in Riquewihr. Actually I don’t know how i can go to Riquewihr , and if possible I’d love to see also Eguisheim too. Is there a bus or a train betweens ? Or is there a tour including these small villages I can take ?

11 replies to this topic
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
495 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Try busses as the last of leg your journey. Take train from Strasbourg to a local station like Colmar and it might be possible to navigate transportation between Strasbourg and Colmar and go by bus to the two smaller destinations. It can be done readily. Do not depend on a group tour. Read about the places and visit them at your own pace on your own schedule. Guided tour will not tell you anything you can not acquire by reading yourself about these places. Save money. Riquewihr is north of Eguisheim on the wine route. Both are closer to Colmar than Strasbourg. Layers of fortifications still characterize the houses and buildings and court yards of Riquewihr. Check hours of operations. Most picturesque town from earlier times worth seeing. Wine route might have its own rail-line between larger destinations. I am not sure. Busses from Colmar rail station for sure will get you there. Busses to Eguisheim are available. Hope this helps.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,853 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

There is a reasonable, but not frequent, bus service on weekdays between Colmar and Riquewihr. However, although buses run a couple of times a day between Equisheim and Colmar, their timings don't permit tourist visits, the first bus from Colmar runs at lunchtime and its return working is the last bus back.

The wine route does NOT have its own rail-line, the rail line runs across the plain well to the east.

Istanbul Province...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Thank you so much Guido for the great help , do you think there is an useful web site for this areas that you used before ?

Istanbul Province...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Thank you Becassa , do you know how can I find the timetable for that ?

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Hello,

some links to bus timetables:

Bus Sélestat - Ribeauvillé - Riquewihr: https://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/grand_est/A%2023%20Sélestat%20Ribeauvillé%20(Riquewihr)%20(10122017%20au%207072018)_tcm75-134868_tcm75-134757.pdf

This bus runs to Riquewihr only on Sundays. Monday to Saturday it runs only to Ribeauvillé (where you might change for Riquewihr). This is a railway bus, train tickets are valid.

Bus 106 Colmar - RIquewihr - Ribeauvillé:

https:/…lha-horaires-092017-secteur1.pdf

(the pdf includes several other lines)

Bus 208 Colmar - Eguisheim - Herrlisheim:

https:/…lha-horaires-092017-secteur2.pdf

Bus 440 Colmar - Eguisheim - Guebwiller:

https:/…lha-horaires-092017-secteur4.pdf

When using the timetables, take care of all notes. Some buses run only on school days, others run only on Fridays etc. Almost no buses run on Sundays, the Sélestat - Riquewihr bus is an exception.

You might also use the timetable search machine on https://www.vialsace.eu/en but it can be a bit difficult to use and shows only the timetable for the next 3 weeks or so.

Edited: May 03, 2018, 1:17 am
Istanbul Province...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Thank you so much ! This really helps !!! Appreciated

All the best

Aylin

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

hi there!

how was your trip? did you find the transportation easily enough?

would you recommend hiring a car or just using the public transport?

Did you go to Ribeauville as well?

Sorry for all the questions lol I'm planning my trip for next year and just want to work out logistics. Those 2 towns inspired the Beauty and the beast apparently and that is my favourite Disney movie :)

Istanbul Province...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

Hi , yes it was exactly the great definition “ disney” it was a great experience to see all those places ... Actually i agreed with a taxi guy starting from Colmar and he made my transportation and all was so easy , make a nice deal ;)

Great holidays in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

So do you mean that you struck a deal with a taxi driver for a fixed fare? We will be there in January (staying in Strasbourg) and plan on catching the train to Colmar. It would be great to get a taxi to take us to another village as well.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim

awesome !!

Reply to: Strasbourg to Riquewihr and Eguisheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Strasbourg