We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?

birmingham
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

with glasgow staying at level 3 are people allowed to still visit? i have a 3 night Trip booked for the end of May . it's a bit conflicting as 'Tourist Accommodation' can open yet it says people can't leave or enter a level 3 area?

Thanks

158 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
177 reviews
148 helpful votes
1. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

Your accommodation provider should be alerting you to cancelling if you are not allowed to travel. My understanding is that if you are travelling to a Level 3 area, overnight stays are not allowed.

And to be honest, by the end of May, it may not have improved much. 😥

Edited: May 15, 2021, 12:56 am
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

Yes you can still visit.

People have been advised by the First Minister not to travel to either Glasgow or Moray but it is not forbidden.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-3/

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
106,319 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
3. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

It's not illegal to got to Glasgow as far as I can tell, but the more people who visit, the higher the chances are that it will take longer to suppress the current outbreak. And I guess it also increases the risk of taking a variant back to one's own area.

birmingham
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

you can only leave or enter a Level 3 area for a permitted reason such as going to work or supporting a vulnerable person ?

5. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: May 15, 2021, 1:11 am

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
6. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

" you can only leave or enter a Level 3 area for a permitted reason such as going to work or supporting a vulnerable person ?"

Not what the current guidelines say. To be fair they may be updated after this afternoon's announcement but as yet you can holiday in a level 3 area.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
106,319 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
7. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

The wording on the BBC news site is that people are asked not to enter or leave the affected area. It's similar in Wales, where we've been asked not to travel out of the country for holidays this year, but the FM has admitted that a law saying that would be unenforceable.

It looks as if everyone is being expected to use common sense again.

birmingham
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

Not surw what to do now, I still want to visit but don't want hassle or to be turned away at the airport/hotel

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
177 reviews
148 helpful votes
9. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

<< It looks as if everyone is being expected to use common sense again.>>

So @Vandit 10_11, I would advise you not to come even though it's just a recommendation, given that you might then take it ( asymptomatically) back to Birmingham.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
10. Re: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Save

Can you swap to Edinburgh instead?

Reply to: Glasgow Level 3 can I still visit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.