We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers and stonehenge question

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

Looking for transfer from Manchester to Bath and then from Bath to London. Saw on rail uk website that the cheapest train fare is 28 pounds. Didn't want to pay that so any info on buses? Staying at Travelodge bath central. Also is the inner circle tour of stonehenge worth it?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
36,766 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

Transfer?

If you are asking about train fares then you need to include information about date(s) of travel

Edited: 10 years ago
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
2. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

from manchester on 9/7 and to london on 11/7, ta

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
36,766 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

Cheap tickets only become available a maximum of 12 weeks before the date of travel

Edited: 10 years ago
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
4. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

yes but I looked at 12 weeks from today which I presumed would be the same fare? Is 28 quid about right?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
36,766 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

Cheap tickets only become available a MAXIMUM of 12 weeks before the date of travel. Cheapest fare on Bath to London is £9.50.

I'd also point out that the latest booking date currently is Apr 29th - apparently there's some wedding on then that might make trains to London somewhat busy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
6. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

thanks, would be happy to pay 9pounds 50 but not 28. How do you get from bath central to the train station?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
36,766 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

It's by the river at the south end of the town centre - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=bath+spa

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
79 reviews
72 helpful votes
8. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question
Save

If you diary EXACTLY 12 weeks before you plan to travel to buy your tickets, then you ought to be able to get to London from Bath for £9.50 ( a bit extreme, but at least it will get you that cheap fare!).

Playing about with dates on the Manchester to Bath aspect, I haven't seen cheaper than £21 (but I haven't been trying that hard with dates and train times and it does seem very reasonable!).

As for special access to the stones: If you are asking I am guessing that you won't care too much if you don't. I am tempted to say that the majority of tourists selecting the special access visit do so because it is something that the standard coach tourists don't get to do. For those who are really interested in understanding the motives and logistics of creating Stonehenge then it would be a priority (but the visitor centre will be shut so you are reliant on you guide/guidebook/own imagination).

Hope this helps

9. Re: Transfers and stonehenge question

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 02, 2012, 11:16 pm
Get answers to your questions about Bath
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.