We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old

London
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old
Save

Hello there,

I'm trying to plan a one or two night stay in Bath that meets the following criteria. 1) can accomodate a 9 month old, 2) near the train station.

Would appreciate suggestions for hotels, restaurants and activities.

Hoping to travel in January, but maybe February as well.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
17,132 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old
Save

Depends what you mean by near - walking distance with a pushchair I suspect, in which case avoid places on Wellsway/ Wells Road as it is very steep.

Are you happy in a B&B - there are several on Pulteney Road - or do you need a 'proper' hotel ? also, some indication on budget would help.

Bath goes from the ridiculous - the Royal Crescent at £300 per night - to the other end of the market.

London
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old
Save

Thanks RC.

Looking for something under 100 pounds, B and B is fine. Yes, we have a push chair so walking is a priority. I'd hate to have to lug a car seat as well just for the off chance of getting in a taxi. But if we must, we'll adjust.

Cheers.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
17,132 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old
Save

For 100 notes you should find somewhere no probs, if you hunt around you might even get one of the 'better' hotels. As I said, amywhere in the Gt Pulteney St area will do, but to be honest nowhere in the centre is far from the station - the Royal Crescent is only 15 mins walk, and that is as far as you will need to go during your stay.

Firehouse Rotisserie will not worry about a 9 month old, I leave it to others to recommend similar places - my problem nowadays is getting my two louts out of pubs, not into them.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
79 reviews
72 helpful votes
4. Re: Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old
Save

Hi JJT

I regularly lunch out in Bath with my 7 month daughter and have never had a problem. Just choose a restaurant/pub you like the sound of and phone them to ask if it's okay (they'll usually make sure they give you a table with buggy space then).

The Egg Cafe at the Theatre Royal is a VERY popular meeting-place for Mums and babies. (M&S has a baby-changing room up on the 3rd floor if you get stuck too). Restaurants with highchairs include Demuths (Veggie), The Bath Tub, and chains like Loch Fyne, Browns, Wagamama,Pizza Express and other such chains.

Have a great trip

5. Re: Planning Bath Visit with 9 month old

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: September 16, 2009, 8:20 am
Get answers to your questions about Bath
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.