We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube line closures in August

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
17,373 posts
34 reviews
11 helpful votes
Tube line closures in August
Save

From Wednesday 4th August until Thursday 12th August there will be no service on the following lines;

District line between Earl's Court and Aldgate (via Victoria). On the weekend of 7th & 8th August this closure will be extended from Earl’s Court to Edgware Road, Hammersmith, Kensington (Olympia) and Wimbledon.

Circle line between Edgware Road and Aldgate (via Victoria).

In addition to this the Bakerloo and Northern lines will not call at Embankment station.

For more details see

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/circle-and-district-line-part-closure?cid=circle-district

16 replies to this topic
Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
29,424 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
1. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Unusually, the Hammersmith & City Line will be operating as a Hammersmith - Upminster service during the closure.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
58 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Thanks for the info Elmersend really useful information, is it set in stone or subject to change?

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

To add to this, Piccadilly Line trains will not be stopping at South Kensington (Natural History/ Science Museums) until Spring 2022 - District and Circle Line trains are unaffected.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
20,434 posts
275 reviews
148 helpful votes
4. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Thanks ElmersEnd, if I didn’t know better I’d think the lines and dates were the result of hacking into my computer to match them with my travel plans!

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
17,373 posts
34 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

>is it set in stone or subject to change?<

Hopefully will be completed on time but who knows?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
36,720 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Will Gloucester Road or Knightsbridge be a better option if using the Piccadilly Line? I would assume Gloucester Road but I'm not familiar with it.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
7. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

A better option for what?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Will Gloucester Road or Knightsbridge be a better option if using the Piccadilly Line? I would assume Gloucester Road but I'm not familiar with it."

Yes Gloucester Road is nearer to South Kensington Station than Knightsbridge so that is the better option whilst the Piccadillyl lne is not stopping at South Kensington. Of course it does depend on your final destination but if it's for the museums then Gloucester Road is nearer. Plus if you don't want to walk you can always switch to the District or Circle line at Gloucester Road to get to South Kensington ( assuming of course that those lines are not closed for engineering works).

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
47,076 posts
51 reviews
76 helpful votes
9. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Worth also mentioning the tube strikes this month which are set to go ahead at this moment in time -

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-strike?intcmp=35779

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
224 reviews
138 helpful votes
10. Re: Tube line closures in August
Save

Useful information - this impacts out trip this week - I'm currently looking at how we can use bus, river boat and DLR for our journeys... It remains to be seen how much busier they are than normal.

Reply to: Tube line closures in August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.