We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine

ny
Level Contributor
424 posts
60 reviews
35 helpful votes
Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

We are arriving from US and will need a covid test on day 2 and day 8 as well as day 5. Day 2 and 8 we would like to do from home and I hear there are kits for that. Can anyone recommend a good company to buy the kits from. I assume I buy one in London not in US.

Day 5 test I will do at a facility in London so I can be released early from quarantine

Appreciate any kit recommendations for Day 2 and 8..thanks!

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

for the day 5 i reccommend doctap.co.uk - they have at a price 3hr or same day results from various locations in london - no point in paying cheaper company but quartining more days while you wait

they do the 2/8 as well but there are cheaper options and delay from posting etc is less important

better2know

testingforall

assuredcreeening

all worth trying but tests are in short supply

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
128 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

We got ours from the Government list.

Ended up paying £79 each from RT Diagnostics they arrived in 2 days but have been told they are now sold out.

Got them from this list

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
93 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

Bear in mind you must buy the tests from an approved provider on GOV.UK and the ordering system will give you various options depending on what you want.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,715 posts
27 reviews
43 helpful votes
4. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

I see Wren Healthcare is on the list. I have just had an impressive experience with them.

Wren did my pre-flight RT-PCR test yesterday and if the US is still on the Amber list when I return in 3 1/2 weeks I will book my day 2 and day 8 tests with them.

I booked the "24 hour results" test and paid an extra £30 to have someone bring it to my door, wait in the hall for me swab my nose and collect it. A very nice man came yesterday with the test at the time agreed and then took the test straight to the lab. I was told the results would be sent by email no later than 5.30 pm the next day which would be today. My flight is tomorrow morning.

I woke up this morning at 5 am to find an email with the negative test result.

Around 10 am this morning there was a phone call from Wren Healthcare to conform that I had received the email.

When I booked the Fit to Travel test I asked if I could book the 2nd and 8th day tests.

The company suggested I wait just in case the US went green and I didn't need them.

Edited: June 18, 2021, 8:07 pm
Worcester...
Level Contributor
91 posts
44 reviews
37 helpful votes
5. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

First of all, it’s clear from your question that you need to go and read this page and the linked pages within it very carefully:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

You have to book the tests before you leave, put the codes from those tests into a locator form. I’m not describing the whole system, go read the details.

Edited: June 18, 2021, 8:27 pm
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
159 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Save

Filling in the form is easy and Border security had all the details in front of them so no paperwork or anything was asked for.

Reply to: Best at home test kit for Day 2 and day 8 of quarantine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.