We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car parking

Wes are staying at the Premier Inn, Kendal for one night. Im a bit worried about the car parking situation as the website says there is limited parking on site. Can anyone please tell me if there is public parking available near by if i cant get in the hotel car park. Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Kendal
Kendal
Lake District, UK
2 replies to this topic
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking

There are a few spaces on Maude Street itself but these are time limited during the day.

Around a 5 minute walk away there are a few council car parks, the closest will be the one on Library road. It is free between 6pm and 8am but it can be expensive parking there during the day. Some of the spaces are behind the ones you can see, you have to turn right and go round the back of the roadside ones.

At the top of Library Road is Marks and Spencers. Parking is £1.20 for 1 hour which is refunded if you spend £5 in store. I think it is £2.20 for 2 hours and free after 6pm. There is additional parking under the store.

There is also a council car park on Blackhall Road, again a 5 minute walk. This is also free 6pm - 8am.

If you buy a ticket after 6pm at council car parks it is added on to the next mornings parking, so if you bought 2 hours parking at say 7pm you would have parking until 10am.

The Westmorland Shopping Centre car park is also a 5 minute walk away. It is locked at night but if you are intending to stay in Kendal the next day if buy a ticket before 9am you can park all day for £1.

The only free on street parking nearby is going up the hill on Windermere Road and a few on Burneside Road. These spaces fill up very quickly.

Edited: June 07, 2018, 11:22 pm
Mentioned in this post
Kendal
Kendal
Lake District, UK
Windermere
Windermere
Lake District, UK
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review