We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

1 post
2 reviews
New Years Eve

Can anyone give me suggestions for New Years Eve. Would like to go to a bar with live music. Not a fan of clubbing.

1 reply
Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: New Years Eve

Hello Tamara. Sorry you've not had any replies, so this is a 'bump'. My days of nights out in pubs are long gone. I think you need to consider that NY Eve is a Sunday, so pubs will be limited by Sunday licensing, I think there is a general extension for opening on NY Eve, but music controlled by normal regulations. Bear in mind that NY Eve is by definition busy anyway, so no need to provide an attraction - valuable customer space taken up by a band is not good. I've looked at a couple of pub web-sites and no mention of special events.

There are music venues to the East of the town centre, around the Old Restoration Inn, and the West - Lower High Street - Frog and Fiddle which has a separate music room but doesn't mention any event on web-site. Montpellier has several pubs and bars which feature music, but again none specify NY eve.

I'm in town tomorrow and will look out, if I spot anywhere I'll post again.

Enjoy your evening whatever.

Reply to: New Years Eve
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cheltenham