We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newquay airport to Tintagel.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
103 posts
209 reviews
Newquay airport to Tintagel.

What public transport options are there to get from Newquay airport to Tintagel? Arriving Friday morning about 10.30 and just need to be in Tintagel by early evening so no rush. ( Walking the coast path back to Newquay. )

4 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Newquay airport to Tintagel.

Have a look at travelinesoutheast.org.uk for public transport. Bus or taxi would be the only options.

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Newquay airport to Tintagel.

Recent timetable changes have reduced the services along the North coast. Using the travelplanner below will show bus A5 from Airport to Padstow, bus 11 to Wadebridge then bus 95 to Tintagel. A later option is to travel into Newquay Town centre to intercept the 95 at St Columb.

The bus changes can be made at various points, so I think it best to obtain the bus timetables and make your own decision where to change. For example you may prefer to travel into Padstow centre and stay over lunch time rather than change at Tesco on the outskirts.

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk

Are you walking to Newquay over the week-end? The SWCPA suggests 2 days for the walk, about 44 miles and the first day is pretty tough. Is accommodation arranged?

https://www.southwestcoastpath.org.uk/

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
103 posts
209 reviews
3. Re: Newquay airport to Tintagel.

Thanks both, looks like the bus it is then. I will definitely stop off in Padstow for lunch and a couple of beers, as you suggest. I'm walking back over a few days as would rather take time to enjoy the scenery rather than try to kill myself. First part to Port Isaac does look pretty hilly.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Newquay airport to Tintagel.

Mobile signal is patchy so if you are walking alone make sure someone knows where you are and what time you will arrive at your accommodation. Sorry if that is obvious.

Reply to: Newquay airport to Tintagel.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newquay