We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test

dublin
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

The way I read the UK website is - my flight leaves ATL at 10 pm, but I connected from a 4:40 pm flight on a Sunday. I’d like to schedule my PCR test Thursday morning to make sure I have the results. Technically from the UK website 3 days would include Thursday. I’m assuming they dont adjust the 10 pm US flight time to 3 am Monday.

I think I’m ok, but guess I’d like opinions

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#take-a-coronavirus-test-before-you-travel-to-england

"You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you must take the test on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday."

so it is based on calendar days not a 72 hr period - a test taken on thu morning is good for a late sunday flight

Edited: April 21, 2021, 1:41 am
dublin
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

Thank you, and thats what I thought. Its just so annoying that some news article keep saying 72 hours - even 72 hours prior to arrival, which is clearly not what the UK gov says. Hopefully the airlines will have it correct.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
71 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

I flew to the UK earlier this month. My flight took off around 8pm EDT on a Sunday, so after midnight Monday morning UK time. My Covid test was the previous Thursday. No one questioned the timing. You are right that the sources quoting 72 hours are inaccurate. Some countries do have a 72 hour requirement, but the UK is not one of them.

dublin
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

Thank you so much for that post. Now I will just calm down and enjoy my trip

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Save

The absolute last place you want to get information is from the "news".

Reply to: Late direct flight to UK - 10 pm. Worried about 3 day test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.