We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Stansted early

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
Getting to Stansted early
Save

I want to catch an 8:30am flight from Stansted on Wednesday week.

Obviously I cannot get there from Bath, am I allowed to stay in a hotel nearby ?

4 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
21,818 posts
625 reviews
258 helpful votes
1. Re: Getting to Stansted early
Save

Having used a hotel in the November lockdown for an allowed purpose (moving house) I assume that you can book into a hotel if you meet one if the exempted purposes? So, from other posts I guess that you are “not UK resident” or “not U.K. domiciled”

“ If you do not permanently reside in the UK and are in England temporarily, you would have a permitted reason to leave the UK.

Recommended evidence: passport, identification card, drivers licence, travel itinerary and tickets, or other appropriate documentation.”

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting to Stansted early
Save

I am UK domiciled: but I have a valid reason for going to Hungary - a la Stanley Johnson.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
21,818 posts
625 reviews
258 helpful votes
3. Re: Getting to Stansted early
Save

RC - as you probably know only too well there is a difference between “resident” and “domiciled” - however, in my case I rang a hotel and said “I’m moving house, it’s gone wrong and we have nowhere to sleep - can I have a room” - are you able to ring one or more Stansted hotels and ‘negotiate’?

Best wishes

Edited: April 17, 2021, 3:40 am
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Getting to Stansted early
Save

Good idea, will try tomorrow.

Reply to: Getting to Stansted early
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.