We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk visa extension?

Poole, United...
1 post
Uk visa extension?
Save

Hello

My partner and child arrived in the UK from Laos February 5th on a 6 month standard visa which runs out June 26th.

The visa was valid from December 26th which was when they were meant to fly but flights got cancelled etc over Xmas so come June 26th they wouldnt of been here the full 6 months.

I've read that you can extend your visa so that you have been here a full 6 months (so in our case im assuming that could be August 5) but when I try to extend this online it seems to be for a long term visa rather than just extending for another 6 weeks or so.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can do this and if its even possible or Ive misunderstood what I've read on the UK gov website.

Thank you

Gary

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Uk visa extension?
Save

your question is too complex and important to be answered here by strangers

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

try citizens advice

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36,435 posts
81 reviews
67 helpful votes
2. Re: Uk visa extension?
Save

currently the visa expires on 26 june. so you will have to contact the uk immigration authorities. and do not forget that there could well be restrictions on her flights , even in june.

Reply to: Uk visa extension?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.