We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test
Save

Hi,

I have two children travelling with me to the UK (Heathrow) - 4 and 6 years of age. I have included children to my PLF as it asks for accompanying people under 18. The form has COVID day 2 and day 8 booking reference at the end which is fine for myself.

However, where do I put the children's booking reference for covid test as PLF only asks for one booking reference or does the Borger agent only asks for adults? Since I don't need to book a COVID test for 4 year old, or do I create another PLF for 6 year old as she needs to have a day 2/8 test booked according to gov.uk site. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
625 reviews
258 helpful votes
1. Re: Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test
Save

Children aged under 11 do not need a test see https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk section headed "When you do not need to provide a negative coronavirus test"

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test
Save

Ok thanks for the reply! However, the other page https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england says that "Children under 5 do not need to take the day-2 or day-8 test" (under "Testing in quarantine"). The page you sent shows the test certificate before arrival. I'm really confused! Could you help with clarification please? Many Thanks!

Edited: April 15, 2021, 8:10 pm
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
625 reviews
258 helpful votes
3. Re: Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test
Save

Wow - I see what you mean. What a nonsensical situation. A 6 year old can enter without a test but then needs to have 2 and 8 day tests!

My advice would be to have the form ready for your 6 year old (and probably no one will ask for it! ) Follow instructions to the letter, however implausible.

Reply to: Passenger Locator Form for children and Day 2/8 Covid test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.