We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday in Wales

Hoddesdon, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
Family holiday in Wales
Save

I'm after any suggestions of destinations of places to visit in Wales this summer with a 9year old. He loved the beaches in Cornwall last year but I don't know where's good in Wales where there's alternative stuff to do if the weather is bad.

Travelling from Hertfordshire

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,405 posts
20 reviews
47 helpful votes
1. Re: Family holiday in Wales
Save

Pembrokeshire has fantastic beaches and a good choice of small villages and larger seaside towns. Plenty of things to do if it’s not beach weather- a nine year old would love Pembroke Castle.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Family holiday in Wales
Save

there are huge sandy beaches between Aberystwyth and Porthmadog, with a selection of castles and steam trains (all or any of which may require reservations, certainly in the early part of summer).

If he's into low flying jets NATO often put on "displays" over the A487 near Minnfford slightly inland and about half way up this stretch of coast. Search for "Mach Loop" in Google Maps and Youtube, the MoD publishes details of when this MIGHT happen , check LFA7 here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/operational-low-flying-training-timetable

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
3. Re: Family holiday in Wales
Save

Another vote for Pembrokeshire. I live in Wales and work for a large UK wide organisation. So any colleagues with young kids from other parts of the UK visit Pembrokeshire each year and many for repeat visits. And other thing, Folly Farm is a must with young children.

Reply to: Family holiday in Wales
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.