We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BRP and renewed passport

1 post
BRP and renewed passport
Save

Hi there,

I am travelling to UK soon and I have a BRP which expires in 7 months. I have renewed my passport and wondered if there are gonna be any issues when I travel.

I read that the is a "Migrant circumstances change form" which should be filled if you are in the UK and have any of your details like name or nationality changed. I have only renewed my passport which was expiring but could find any info on gov.uk if there are gonna be problems with entering the UK.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

8 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
94,919 posts
99 reviews
613 helpful votes
1. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

Hi Mane;

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself. It is NOT a concierge service for every type of query that might occur in the course of travelling.

As a new user of the forums, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus/purpose of the forum, important information, and other details. As an example, the sticky at the top of this forum is;

"PLEASE READ: How to use the Support forum!" and has a push-pin icon beside it.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums, which you can browse or search for, starting here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

Best Regards

Level Contributor
517 posts
Tripadvisor Staff  
2. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

Hi Mane G,

Welcome to our forums!

We moved your message from the TripAdvisor Support forum to the United Kingdom forum since it is more appropriate for your topic.

Thanks for being part of our community!

Veynard

Tripadvisor Community Team

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

i would carry your old passport as well just to be safe but i dont think you should have problems - the whole point of the biometric resident permit is that it is linked to your physical body and not a passport

Essex
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
62 reviews
198 helpful votes
4. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

"BRP"????

Do tell us ignoramuses, what that actually means, please!

Essex
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
62 reviews
198 helpful votes
5. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

OK, went off and educated myself, it means Biometric Residence Permit - had never heard of that before!

There's a few websites with useful info about it, it is a temporary thing, though it seems.

Edited: April 06, 2021, 6:32 am
6. Re: BRP and renewed passport

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 09, 2021, 6:32 am
Edited: April 09, 2021, 6:32 am

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
27,645 posts
72 reviews
124 helpful votes
7. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

Contact UKVI, not strangers on a travel forum:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
396 reviews
147 helpful votes
8. Re: BRP and renewed passport
Save

Your BRP remains valid if it was granted using the details of an expired passport, as any non-expired visas in your expired passport will. This is a common occurrence and not something you need to be concerned about. Just make sure you have both passports and your BRP with you whenever you travel.

Reply to: BRP and renewed passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.