We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry to UK if Vaccinated

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

Hi, My family in Europe have been vaccinated with both jabs for weeks now, I wanted to know, do they still need to quarantine on arrival into London? Looking at the government website I'm assuming yes, but its not 100% clear, as I can't see any info on if you are fully vaccinated...only that you must quarantine, provide a negative test on departure and have 2 tests booked...

Thanks very much in advance

Karl

11 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
21,833 posts
625 reviews
258 helpful votes
1. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

Yes, isolation required, your vaccination status is irrelevant.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
5,212 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

As PMQs says, your vaccination status is irrelevant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
3. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

Ok, thank you....not been able to see them for months and after being vaccinated we were hoping it was possible for them to visit....

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,417 posts
20 reviews
47 helpful votes
4. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

I can’t even visit my family in Wales at the moment.

I believe the PM is going to make a statement on Monday and is expected to cover the issue of overseas travel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
5. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

Thank you, yes it’s very difficult...

Hope Boris is in our favour...especially if all parties vaccinated 🙏🏼

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
48,290 posts
67 reviews
118 helpful votes
6. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

Difficult it is for all of us but you can still carry the virus and give it to others as far as we know.

It can be on your hands and clothes as well as breath even if you are vaccinated and the idea now is to stop it mutating by reducing it.

Fingers crossed that the idiots that keep breaking the rules are in the minority.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
6,683 posts
16 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

>>> Fingers crossed that the idiots that keep breaking the rules are in the minority.<<<

Sadly unlikely having watched the news reports in the last few days. It seems the genie has been let out of the bottle :-(

The OP is to be thanked for at least asking the question and in a very polite manner.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
19,312 posts
268 reviews
142 helpful votes
8. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

You mention family in Europe but don’t say where. It may make a difference eg Ireland, Portugal...?

Edited: April 02, 2021, 3:20 pm
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
13,586 posts
140 reviews
93 helpful votes
9. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

It’s difficult for all of us. It really doesn’t matter if you family is 20 miles away or 1000s miles away, it still feels the same, no visits.

At the moment we can’t stay in anyone’s house, so if they come from abroad where would they stay. How do you police rules? If you are vaccinated, this set of rules, if you are not another set of rules, it doesn’t work.

We are being told, don’t book summer holidays abroad, so why would the country then let in foreign tourists?

Sorry but like the rest of us you’ll need to still make do with Zoom, FaceTime etc. I’d dearly love to see and hug my disabled daughter who lives 50 miles away but I can’t. We all have to be patient.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
105,706 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
10. Re: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Save

The last thing we want is visitors bringing in new strains of the virus and forcing us back into tighter restrictions again. Although our vaccination programme is going well, we aren't there yet.

Reply to: Entry to UK if Vaccinated
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.