We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London bridge experience - show times?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
London bridge experience - show times?
Save

The website for the London Bridge Experience states that it's open (COVID excepted) between 11 - 5 on week days and 10 - 6 on weekends. But nowhere can I find anything about show times - don't they have to stagger visitors in some way to separate performances from their staff - a number of pictures show groups of people standing in front of performers going through their routines.

11 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

The website also has a "Latest update regarding Covid" message saying they are closed from Monday March 16th LAST YEAR so I wouldn't put too much faith in it. It is definately closed at present and won't reopen before 17th May because that's that law.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

Given that I already explored their site that was the first thing I saw - that's why I said 'COVID excepted'. As our travel plans are for October the place could be back up and running by then.

Does anyone else have an answer regarding the point about show times?

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

They don't have showtimes, it's a walk through type experience. It opened trying to get traffic from the people who would visit the London dungeon (but that's now relocated). I used to walk past it daily, to be honest always thought how rubbish it looks!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

My point is the notice says closed from last March - but it has been open for a period since then, the lousy reviews on TA show that. If they could reopen for a few months (in a year when money was tight) and fail to update the site it doesn't inspire faith in the website, or anything else they do.....

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
105,714 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
5. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

I agree with you, steve. It's not a place I'd want to visit, though, and that is probably influencing my view!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
19,325 posts
268 reviews
142 helpful votes
6. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

“Does anyone else have an answer regarding the point about show times?”

No one here can answer that. Even LBE probably can’t tell you about opening times this far in advance and, as others have said, it’s not a show.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

I always thought that anywhere that felt it necessary to employ those cliché ghoulies and ghosties on the street to drum up business was likely to be a hokey waste of money. But tastes vary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,115 posts
396 reviews
147 helpful votes
8. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

Stephen, their website is not up to date. Regardless, there are no show times. It is an experience similar to attractions at Disneyland, where you gather in a group and wait five minutes for the group ahead to progress to the next room and then you enter.

They have not stated how they will amend this concept when they reopen.

Edited: March 25, 2021, 4:55 pm
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
9. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

Well, thanks to the replies that said it's a rolling performance - that clarifies everything. I got the impression from some of the photos that there were fixed audiences in front of performers.

It's not that big a deal whether we do it or not. As it's thrown in as one of the extras on the London pass we were considering it - if it reopens - but the question was more about getting the timing right as far as planning out or days. Now that I know it's not fixed I can slot it in wherever is convenient for the day.

I guess, having spent 20 years living in Orlando, with annual passes and our kids growing up going to both Universal Studios and Disney World, we're kind of used to the way they regiment everyone in for their various live shows, with specific times for each. Even the parades through the day are primed, so you can plan for them all.

Thanks again to everyone who replied. Hopefully COVID will have sufficiently cleared up by October so that we can proceed with our plans. It will be interesting to see London again after all this time - I haven't been back for a visit since 2011.

Edited: March 27, 2021, 2:00 am
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
10. Re: London bridge experience - show times?
Save

Ah, the London Pass. You'll find there are strong opinions as to whether it's good value for money.

Reply to: London bridge experience - show times?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.