We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headed back in June!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
54 helpful votes
Headed back in June!!
Save

We stayed at Silver Sands in Feb 2000 at The Orchid House and just LOVED IT!! Silver Sands & The Orchid House couldn't have been better. The Perfect Vacation.

We will be returning (after much, much too long!) this June. This time (no disrespect to TOH) we'll be staying at Blue Vista Villa. We'll have two of our son's teenage boys with us. They are really excited to go. Any tips for older kids? They don't have to be entertained constantly, but we want to be sure they have a good time.

We've read several trip reports for Blue Vista. Is there anything anyone can add special? The walk to the beach from TOH was fairly flat... Is it a bit of a climb up & down from Blue Vista to the beach?

Also, since we were there in 2000, it is our understanding there have been many improvements to the whole Silver Sands beach/bar area.

Is there anyone out there who was there 'before & after" that can give us their particular insight?

Also, what does Errol charge to take you out snorkeling now? We enjoyed it back 'when' and are looking forward to going again.

I know, lots of questions... I guess, that's what helps build the excitement!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Headed back in June!!
Save

Hi and welcome back to Silver Sands! My husband and I own Quadrille Villa drectly across the street from Blue Vista (on the ocean side). Blue Vista seems to be very popular for individuals with children, and while not on the beach, there is a view from the pool area directly on front of the villa.

The walk to the beach is not steep if you take the long way (a 15 minute walk), the short way down the pass through near Cannaon Cottage is steep...many steps, it does cut off a few minutes, but its steep fpr little children or the elderly!

Errol is still there, however I do not know what he charges these days.

The bar and grill area have been refurbished. The villa mart is now located in a portion of the club house. It is much larger than it was in 2000 at its old location. Prices are good and it carrys a very nice selection of staples, and wine, rums and beers as well.

Not a great deal has changed, some more homes, the owners are trying to improve their properties and it is still wonderfully relaxing and safe!

Enjoy your stay!

Quadrille Villa/Silver Sands

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Headed back in June!!
Save

Thank you so much for your reply!! How nice that you & your husband own a Villa there. I've just lately been thinking how wonderful it would be to have a home there! I will have to go back to the website & look at your home! Where do you 'live' the rest of the time, when not at Quadrille Villa in Silver Sands?

Thanks for the additional information about Blue Vista & the walk. That was a bit what I could remember but not quite sure. I think, unless we're sightseeing, we'll take the shorter way. Right now, we're all in good enough health and the boys are teenagers, so will have nice strong legs. It is also, nice to feel reassured.

Now that we've decided on a trip this year, I've already been having thoughts of planning for next. It's like not seeing a good friend or relative for a while. Once you take-up the lines of communication again, you don't want to stop.

Thanks again for your reply.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Headed back in June!!
Save

We live in Jupiter, Florida when not working on our villa in Silver Sands. We love it (the villa!), but being on the ocean does take it toll and being the type A people that we are, we enjoy keeping it up! Silver Sands is great with wonderful people!!! Enjoy your stay!

4. Re: Headed back in June!!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 16, 2013, 5:16 pm
Get answers to your questions about Silver Sands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.