We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Parliament Hill Tour

Langley, Canada
10 posts
Question about Parliament Hill Tour

I’m thinking of doing guided tour in Parliament Hill. There are two types of it, the Centre Block and East Block. I was thinking of doing both to get the best experience, but I found that I won’t have enough time. I am thinking of exchanging my Greyhound bus ticket to have both tours and leave Ottawa at a later time. But would it be worth it? I’m in dilemma because exchanging costs 25 bucks.

Should I just have one of those tours (thinking of Centre Block if I have to choose) and not exchange the ticket? Are the two tours similar to each other, or are they vastly different, with unique sights and attractions?

How long are the tours in average? The front desk lady said that Centre Block maximum time is around 2.5 hours, but is it usually that long?

Edited: August 10, 2018, 4:10 am
3 replies to this topic
Metchosin, Canada
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
609 reviews
1. Re: Question about Parliament Hill Tour

The tour itself does't last an hour for the main tour. Centre block has the chambers and the main focus of the parliament buildngs. What will take time (optional) is to get up to the peace tower (only one small elevator).

East block wasn't offered April last year.

You get timed entrance tickets free across the street.

Edited: August 10, 2018, 4:57 am
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Question about Parliament Hill Tour

If you only have time for one tour, then I would choose Center Block.

While the East Block houses a few offices of historical significance, there is not much else of interest other than the exterior architecture which you can see without entering the building.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3. Re: Question about Parliament Hill Tour

I would recommend the Centre Block tour as well.

Reply to: Question about Parliament Hill Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa