We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
75 reviews
139 helpful votes
Shopping
Save

Will be in Niagara falls over the weekend - looking for ideas where to shop for back to school for teens (clothes, school supplies). Good deals on name brands.

Will be shopping on the US side.

Any suggestions for scooping the best deals greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
7,051 posts
17 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Shopping
Save

Might want to post your question in the slower Niagara New York forum. For some reason TA has 2 Niagara Falls forums, one for Canada, one for the USA. Funny thing is thou, when I go to TA parent sites, like Hotwire and search for Niagara Falls hotel rooms, that shows me hotels on both sides of the border. Many one day the forums could be link together and it be more helpful to the visitors of Niagara Falls.

Edited: 7 years ago
Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
75 reviews
139 helpful votes
2. Re: Shopping
Save

Thanks for the advice! I have posted there as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
61 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Shopping
Save

How about we answer questions for both in one place? No one enforces the "two forums" thing so we can help everyone out. People don't have to make two posts, and we don't have to respond to this thread sayin to go across the border, only to go to that forum and give advice.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
33,191 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Shopping
Save

Milandra........................I've gotten great deals at the following malls....

Fashion Outlets......Niagara Falls, NY.....I-190, Exit 22....1900 Military Rd, NF, NY

Walden Galleria, Buffalo , NY....be sure to eat at The Cheesecake Factory in the Walden Galleria

Check out the website listed below for lots of good info re: cross-border shopping for Canadians incl. exemptions, etc........ and Have Fun!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com

and then go to :things to do/shopping/for Canadians

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
34,207 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: Shopping
Save

Kohls, Target, Marshall's,

There's a slew of big box stores around the galleria.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
857 reviews
580 helpful votes
6. Re: Shopping
Save

Here are your exemptions from the Canadian government, otherwise be prepared to pay duties and taxes:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2/d2-3-1-eng.html

7. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 19, 2014, 1:20 pm
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.