We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help with 3 day plan

Minnesota
Level Contributor
216 posts
251 reviews
148 helpful votes
please help with 3 day plan
Save

I'll arrive at Buffalo at noon on July 7th, pick up the rental car and drive to hotel on Canada side. I plan to do Journey behind the falls, maid of the mist, watch the magic show at Greg Frewin Theatre.

On Sunday (July 8th), I'll drive to Toronto to see TN tower and walk around downtown area to see the city.

On Monday ( July 9th), I'll visit Louis Tussaud's Waxworks, Rossi Glass & see glassblowing tour, do Aero Car Over Whirlpool, visit

Queen Victoria Park.

On Tuesday, check out hotel and drive back to Buffalo, do cave of wind and visit Goat Island, hike along the scenic Niagara Gorge Rim Trail, then board flight at 7:30pm.

Is this a doable plan? I really appreciate any suggestions and input!

I have Green card, is it ok for me to cross the border?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
857 reviews
580 helpful votes
1. Re: please help with 3 day plan
Save

Passport required to enter the US, you'd want to double check to avoid the hassle, I do know that eventually they will let you back into your country, but customs can make it lengthy and not fun if you do not have the proper documents...

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2. Re: please help with 3 day plan
Save

There's a lesser-known exception to the passport rule: US Lawful Permanent Residents can present their I-551 "Green Card" instead of a passport to cross the Canada/US border in both directions, by land, sea, or air. (Official word: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/whti-ivho/tourist-touriste-eng.html and http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html .) US LPRs do not require visas to enter Canada, regardless of citizenship, and _must_ use their I-551 to re-enter the US.

I'll leave the itinerary check to the locals.

Niagara Falls...
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
42 reviews
39 helpful votes
3. Re: please help with 3 day plan
Save

Itinerary looks OK, but a little sparce - you will probably end up doing lots more with your spare time.

When you do Maid of the Mist and Journey Behind the Falls on the first day, you will be IN Queen Victoria Park, so may not need to return there on the third day.

In Toronto, you will be visiting the CN Tower.

Don't drive back to Buffalo on your last day as none of the things you want to do are there. They are all in Niagara Falls, NY.

4. Re: please help with 3 day plan

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 02, 2013, 5:17 pm
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.